PNW Surveyor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktdtx

Guru
Vessel Make
24" El Pescador
Hate to start a new thread as I believe some of what I'm looking for is here but I can't hit on the proper search terms to dig it out.

Have an accepted offer on a boat based in Ladysmith B.C. Owner plans to take to Canoe Cove marina near Victoria for haulout and survey.

Looking for a good boat surveyor and mechanical surveyor. Seller wants to close before end of year and that is part of the problem. Some of the surveyors I know of in the area are booked or off until mid-January. Some of the Washington surveyors don't care to go to Canada.

I am getting down to 4th or 5th choice and hate to just "get a surveyor" without some recommendation. Ken Rorison, Chris Small and Alison Mazon are not available for before the end of the year

I used Lachlan Mackenzie at Meadows Marine. He is in the Sidney area and was thorough.

I have used Peter Larkins out of Ladner. He was useful in my circumstance as I intended to transfer a license to my vessel and I needed someone who new that process. He travels.

http://www.larkinsmarine.ca/en/

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Tidemark Marine is excellent, ask for John.

Ken Rorison is excellent but be aware he has the nickname "Dr. Death" because of all the deals he has killed. VERY thorough but that's a good thing if you are the purchaser.

I've used Reisner, McEwen & Co for surveys on two boats. They're very thorough and do a well written report of what they find.

Back
Top Bottom