Great Service from Standard Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
I have a Standard Horizon GX2000 at my upper helm. My grandson got tinkering with the knobs and buttons one day and changed the contrast on the screen so there was no display, only a bright screen.

I emailed SH Customer Service to see if they could help me get my screen back. They emailed back with the instructions, but to follow them I would have had to be able to read the screen. I emailed him back and asked for a step-by-step instruction on how to do it from turning on the unit to getting the contrast back.

He emailed back the instructions and I followed them, or so I thought, but still could not get a display.

I pulled the unit out, boxed it up and sent it to their CS department. Well, surprise, surprise, when we got home from AZ last night there was my GX2000. They had repaired it and did not charge me a cent for fixing it or for shipping it back to me.

Standard Horizon, you just earned yourselves a customer for life. I always do business with companies that treat me well. Thank you very much for going above and beyond my expectations.

I've always had SH VHF radios and when Garmin would no longer support my perfectly good chart plotter a few years ago I switched over to SH displays with the Si-Tex radar. I have always had excellent support from SH when wiring everything up during the changeover. They and Fortress are two of the best companies I've ever dealt with.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Standard Horizon has some of the best customer service in the marine industry. I had to send my VHF back to get the MMSI number reset. There was no charge and they paid to ship it back to me.

Well good to know will be needing a vhf replaced the one I got the mic is broken and not supported it's only 6yrs old

While doing restoration work on my old Catalina 30 I snagged the data cable on the newly installed chartplotter and ripped the multi-pin connector out of the back of the case. The unit was fully repaired at no cost by SH even after I explained I was fully to blame for the mishap. GREAT company!

Its nice to hear these reports of great support for products, many businesses could benefit from these threads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom