Ghaaaaa!!! Rocna Anchors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
The Snowbirds are back in Fort Pierce. Walking down the dock is like running a gambit. The ugly, ill fitting Rocna anchors are over hanging the dock. It's bloody awful. Last night on the boat I tossed and turned dreaming about jumping through hoops, and running from hooks trying to get me. I'll climb back under my rock, now.:hide:

Lol....

Not ALL the snowbirds....:D

giphy.gif

The Snowbirds are back in Fort Pierce. Walking down the dock is like running a gambit. The ugly, ill fitting Rocna anchors are over hanging the dock. It's bloody awful. Last night on the boat I tossed and turned dreaming about jumping through hoops, and running from hooks trying to get me. I'll climb back under my rock, now.:hide:

Love the title of this post. When I first saw it I thought it was something about the praises of your Sarca Excel anchor, so I was a little disappointed. This is the time of the year I like as all our snowbirds have flown south now and you have the marina and anchorages to yourself......:thumb:

Love the title of this post. When I first saw it I thought it was something about the praises of your Sarca Excel anchor, so I was a little disappointed. This is the time of the year I like as all our snowbirds have flown south now and you have the marina and anchorages to yourself......:thumb:

Mike, you must be referring to my elegantly fitted Sarca ExCel that fits soooo neatly under the bow pulpit. It's pointy end is tucked under in the right position so that the only thing it catches is the bottom. This plus the fact that Moonstruck is docked stern to, so that My elegant ExCel does not have to look at those Hussies.

No, I was not going to mention the Sarca until you brought it up.

Mike, you must be referring to my elegantly fitted Sarca ExCel that fits soooo neatly under the bow pulpit. It's pointy end is tucked under in the right position so that the only thing it catches is the bottom. This plus the fact that Moonstruck is docked stern to, so that My elegant ExCel does not have to look at those Hussies.

No, I was not going to mention the Sarca until you brought it up.

Be careful...taunting all those you invited down there this February....

Some may have bolt cutters aboard.....

Fortunately my vessel is not worthy of such bow jewelry so my bolt cutters are no threat....but are available for rent. :D

LOL!! I thought you guys had to stern in at your marina. Do the snowbirds get a bye on that requirement?

We only have ol' rusty danforths and some Bruce wannabes on my dock. We're not the high brow marina like you's guys in the Sunshine State.

LOL!! I thought you guys had to stern in at your marina. Do the snowbirds get a bye on that requirement?

We only have ol' rusty danforths and some Bruce wannabes on my dock. We're not the high brow marina like you's guys in the Sunshine State.

While at the same marina but in a different dock, claws and plows are favored.

State of the art in Vallejo:

Here's where all the old anchors that got replaced go to die or perhaps live out the remainder of their lives on the bow of some "cruising" sailbote that never gets farther south than "chicken Harbour". :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I luv my ugly 44# Rocna. When the current be rippin she ain't slipping. That is a thing of beauty.

...And you will see more and more of them! As ugly as they are... They stick right where you drop them and dig in hard "That's important in tight anchorages" I've never reset it?

Not a Rocna, but the risk of running into it on the dock was pretty low unless you were 7'6". Attached to a big Nordhavn.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 99
Think I cleared this Nifty Northill in Petersburg walking under.

Attachments

• STH71647 copy.jpg
    STH71647 copy.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 95
I left Ft. Pierce bake in May and was impressed with the marina. Most I thought were stern backed in. Theres that one first dock by the closest to the manatee museum that has smaller sailboats bowed in to the dock. However, that is a rocking place. I mean, a party in the street a couple times per week. farmers markets, motorcycle and car shows seem to be all the time. You cant get bored there for sure. We even placed in the trivia game at the Tiki bar. We met several friends from NC down there. Too bad we had to work most of the time. No tossing and turning for us.

Back
Top Bottom