Head Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Haylands

Vessel Name
Barefoot Lady
Vessel Make
1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1
Hi all.... I have done a comprehensive search and found a few tips but...

I'm 6"5' and am having terrible trouble finding information on headroom in second hand boats, there are a few I have found from the search on here but it seems to be one of the things that doesn't get listed in second hand adverts...

We are after a slow and steady boat with at least three staterooms, around the 50" mark and have a budget up to $250,000... now don't get me wrong, just because I have that much it doesn't mean I want to spend it all, there look to be some nice boats for around the $100,000 mark that I would be happy with... More interested in the more traditional design than the later boats, most I like the look of are from the 80's and 90's...

So if you have a boat like this or have been on one, which ones will I be able to walk round all day without a safety hat on???

Thanks for reading...:thumb:

Second son at six-foot-two-plus, with some headroom remaining:

But only one stateroom. :facepalm: You'll likely need a well-used boat in your price range.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm aware I won't get a newish boat but there are some very well looked after and updated older boats out there for very little money at the moment....

Pete

I have been on many DeFevers. All living spaces and ER have good head room. Art D was a big guy and liked his boats to fit, and they do.

Thanks for that, just the type of info I'm after....:thumb:

Hatteras Motor Yacht series. Speaking as someone 6'2", headroom in that size range is standup everywhere including ER. This was an important spec for me too.

Back
Top Bottom