View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 04:37 PM   #355
eyschulman
Guru

Yes Brian at one time there were are a lot of good old wooden boats of this sort. With the development of the more powerful engines and FG construction this type is less common. I see the modern replacements with much more interior volume air height-freeboard-beam and general bulk to please the need for home like living. When aboard one of the older types you unusually are very aware that you are on a boat. The galley is not a kitchen and the head is not a bathroom the bunk is a bunk not a walk around etc. etc. For most, the modern boats seem to be what the market demands. For me it was and old boat or a one off that very few would build new. Considering the price of modern boats I would have thought their would be a market for simple narrow economical and less expensive. (My boat is narrow but not simple or less expensive but does lean heavily toward the boat end of the boat cottage ratio.)So far I don't see a significant trend toward light narrow low entering the market with any great success. Some attempts down under have been published.
eyschulman is offline   Reply With Quote