Old 12-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #16
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopCar View Post
Oh Al, I'm so disappointed in you. Cutting metal on board, the shame. Next you'll tell us you have steel wool on the boat.
Bless me Fr, for I have sinned! It's been 6 months since my last metal grindings onboard. Hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I was at anchor and needed 4 pipes shortened by 6 inches to complete the floor support jack installation. So I broke out the tools and finished the work. Now, 6 months later, I still have not finished the clean up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolly Roger View Post
I use FSR. Works great on decks and stainless. Follow the directions.
[
I forgot I have some of that onboard. I've used it on rust stain drips from my ER vents. Works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datenight View Post
…and rust spots on the decking from some metal cutting onboard during the summer that, in hindsight, was a bad idea!

Been there done that Al. I also used oxalic acid. I've heard that lemon juice will work as well but have not tried it.

Rob
Now that I've got a 10 year supply of oxalic acid, I'll be looking for new uses for this stuff!

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote