Norcold refrigerater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fcammisano

My norcold refrigerater is not cooling. Neither the freezer or the fresh food compatment are woring. The power is on and the compresser is very hot. Does anyone know what may be the problem.

Is the compressor running or just hot to the touch?

Cooling fins clean and good air circulation?

Ted

Compresser not running very hot to the touch. Everything is clean. Fan is running.

I had the same problem with mine....turned out, there was a poor connection to the cooling fan. Is the fan coming on? Also possible reason is that it may just need defrosting? After I got the fan properly working, it cooled so well that the little tray under the freezer became clogged with a 2" layer of ice.

Thanks
The fan is running well and I have power going to the compressor. There is no build of ice anywhere. Do you think it may be the compressor.

Yeah, it could be the compressor. Only way to tell for sure is to check how many amps its drawing...........or throw a new one at it.

Funny story. Old friend and dock mate had one in his Carver. It quit cooling so he pulled it out, laid it on it's side in his car trunk. Took it to an RV dealer who plugged it in and it worked fine. He put it back on the boat and it worked for a year before it quit again. This time instead of paying the RV dealer for his opinon he just put it in his car trunk and drove it around for an hour then put it back on the boat. It was still working perfectly 3 years later when he sold the boat.

Don Emmerson and I laughed about that everytime we got together. Sadly he passed away last year. He was a good dock mate and friend.
Larry

Sounds like a moisture leak, and a drop of water froze on the pin hole that sprays the liquid into a gas.

If the box is defrosted , when you turn it on of the evaporator cools a bit , then stops cooling , you will need to have a tech purge the water , change the filter dryer (if installed) and re charge the unit.

Back
Top Bottom