View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #11
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
Video recorders are everywhere these days. If I had a dock and was bothered by wakes I might be tempted to set up a permanent video camera, which I could do in an hour with minimal cost.
Then there are those who buy a house that is not in a no wake zone, actually in a PWC and ski approved zone, don't even own a boat and are disturbed over the wake, that it's going to "wear out" their dock. lol

We live on a canal in a section of the ICW that is not a no wake zone. We also live near a ski zone. And we live near a large jet ski rental facility. It was this way when we bought the house. We tie at our docks in such a way as to prevent damage from wakes. The biggest wakes we get are the middle aged couples who have relatively small Boston Whalers and when they load them down and come out from the canals behind us then they create large wakes. But it's part of the life we bought into. This is the norm where we are. For us to have a justified complaint someone would have to do something significantly worse than this norm.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote