View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #18
Haylands

City: Yorkshire
Vessel Name: Barefoot Lady
Vessel Model: 1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1
Mike,

Just had a look and the DeDever 41 looks lovely, great interior, not many on the market though...

bayview,

Thanks for the thoughts, I totally agree we don't even know if we will like it or not... we did originally plan to do one of those week long catamaran training courses to get a bare boat charter licence, sort of two birds with one stone as it would tell us if we fancied it or not.... then got to thinking that it would be a waste of money if we (me) didn't fit in one!!! then got looking at power boats that seem to have better access than the cats so thought we would come and try both out... I've been looking at boats from 40-60 foot, we fancy three cabins and plenty of space but until you actually get to look at some and chat to people we are just guessing what we want....

We won't be buying anything in January, it will be towards the middle of 2016 at the earliest, this is just an exploratory trip to hopefully narrow down the choices and get an idea of what's what, ir will also get us out of a bit of the UK winter... If we don't like it we will have to revert to Plan "C" but as yet we don't have one......