Old 12-01-2015, 06:02 PM   #13
Haylands

City: Yorkshire
Vessel Name: Barefoot Lady
Vessel Model: 1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rive View Post
Hi Pete,

I know whereof you speak. I am 6' 5" and 270 lbs. Will be 65 next month. I do karate 2 or 3 times a week and it keeps the joints working, but I am headroom challenged on a lot of boats. If you want see the roomiest engine room there is on a trawler under 40' check out a Great Harbour N-37. Roomy for guys our size. Good luck.

David
Karate is out for the moment, I think my legs might fall off...!!! Thanks for the heads up (pun) I'll have a look....

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4712 View Post
We're in Fort Lauderdale and would be happy show you our boat, also my uncle has his 50 Chris Craft commander docked right next to us. So just gimme a shout.
I will send you a PM tomorrow, thanks a lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubones99 View Post
If you're still in the area, you might want to attend Trawlerfest:

TrawlerFest is PassageMaker’s stand-alone series of boat shows, specifically designed for cruising under power enthusiasts. Strategically located in key cruising regions nationwide, TrawlerFests showcase the nation’s best in-water display of cruising powerboats, first class boating courses and demonstrations, all the latest in marine products & services, and rendezvous-style evening events and activities!

TrawlerFest is more than a boat show; it’s where industry, education, and community come together in a relaxed, rendezvous-type atmosphere. TrawlerFest is an experience you simply won’t want to miss!

TrawlerFest Dates: January 26 – 31, 2016

In-Water Show Dates: January 28 – 31, 2016

Marina:
Riviera Beach Marina
200 East 13th Street
Riviera Beach, Florida, 33404

TrawlerFest-Riviera Beach 2016 | | PassageMaker
Superb news, we are there until 2nd Feb so will be there, I saw Trawlerfest advertised somewhere but that was for May 2016, I didn't appreciate they toured, thanks for the info, looking forward to it already....