Mainship Cored hulls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Namaste

I had a survey done on a 43' 2006 Main Ship. Had a hull survey done on the boat and it came back as a very wet boat. The transom ,all the stations for the bow rails, a few struts in the engine room, starboard side of the anchor locker on the deck and below some of the windows. I did not buy the boat for this reason. Now I am hearing that Main Ship boats do not have a cored hull above the water line. Can someone please advise me weather the hull is cored or not. The surveyor is very reputable.

Namaste
Not meaning to sound trite, but a reputable surveyor should be able to answer your question.

Mainship hulls are solid below the waterline and cored above. This is fairly typical construction for most boat manufacturers.

:socool:

I certainly agree with Sunchaser ....here is an excerpt from a review on the 430...

"Such performance does not come courtesy of lightweight construction. The 430's fiberglass hull has a solid laminate bottom, with weight-saving cored construction above the boot top, in the decks, and in the superstructure and interior. The deck liner is molded as a single full-length piece so that when joined to the hull it essentially forms a unibody. Premium low-emission gelcoat is used to resist weathering and yellowing"

Or the link to the review...

Mainship 430 Trawler

I've read there's something about vinylester (or some such stuff) in the resin that Luhrs builders began using that can cause false moisture readings.

-Chris

Welcome aboard!

I recommend Tollycraft boats...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom