Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Catamaran steel trawler.....unusual concept!

in_water_2.JPG

hull_exiting_workshop.jpg

on_crane.JPG

:blush:Well the main boom on my mast is raised and lowered with a hydraulic winch and the hoist line by another hydraulic winch. I don't know if that qualifies as a crane or not ??
Sort of hope not as it probably means I need some kind of qualification to run it.:blush:

The lower helm could be lived with but I wonder how the furniture would fare in a seaway?
Also, as passage makers go seems light on fuel tankage to me. But the big deal breaker in my world is the galley down. She hates them.

Hi Bryan - I really like look of your boat on avatar. Have pictures? Sorry if I missed them on some other post. - Cheers! Art :D

If most boat buyers rated what's important in a boat, this would be the ideal result :thumb:
* internet photo

Attachments

• hot tub boat.jpg
    hot tub boat.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 207
This 15mtr steel cat trawler manages 12kts with just twin 240 HP: listed as steel....

15m Steel Catamaran | Workboatsales

Sounds a bit optimistic though ......!

Wait until it's afloat before you buy the performance figures. The Revolution was designed by Wartsila in Norway, and sold with a 14 knot service speed. Now the owner's are wondering how to fit bigger engines......

Wait until it's afloat before you buy the performance figures. The Revolution was designed by Wartsila in Norway, and sold with a 14 knot service speed. Now the owner's are wondering how to fit bigger engines......

...downhill with a following wind, over a period of at least 30 seconds. Lol.

Here's a serious fishing trawler steel cat:

Steel Catamaran, Fife - FAFB

Wow, how about this 9 MTR steel cat with twin 60hp/6.5 tons 12-14kts.....

Pretty looking shape, but it uses 3mm steel plate: you'd have to keep up with the paint maintenence or face rust through disaster!

Boden Boat Plans

West - Do you know fuel use stats at 40 knot cruise speed? I didn't notice that in the link

They only let that number out under duress.....:rolleyes:

40 knots is really fast, that's a lot of boat traveling really fast, it's got to take some power. With just over 1000 HP installed, 40 knots will burn something between 45 and 50 usg per hour. For Canadians or Britts, that's 170-190 liters per hour.

They only let that number out under duress.....:rolleyes:

40 knots is really fast, that's a lot of boat traveling really fast, it's got to take some power. With just over 1000 HP installed, 40 knots will burn something between 45 and 50 usg per hour. For Canadians or Britts, that's 170-190 liters per hour.

Thanks, Tad That's around 3/4 nmpg; and, at 45 gals per hr... nearing 1 nmpg. My Tolly and other similar planing hull boats only get about 1 nmpg at 16 to 17 knots. I'd say not too bad at all for that much weight doing 40 knots on the water. :thumb:

Last edited:
He needed a sailboat to match his motor boat that made this thread earlier. Fortunately this one will make it under the Golden Gate Bridge.
Presumably while submerged. Which is good because few would want to see it.

Wow
Anybody notice that giant yellow Willard-like boat? Eilidh Bhan .... quick ID = yellow hull.
Looks like she's planked w wood but is it the steel building method talked about earlier?
She's like my Willy .. Narrow easy entry w full aft cheeks.
Very nice double ender w an N46 like stem and deeper forefoot.
Engine rebuilt recently .. With new crankshaft .. 90hp. That's about as total as a rebuild can get.
I see she's wood. "larch on oak" Built in 1998.

Link by Rustybarge

Last edited:
Wow
Anybody notice that giant yellow Willard-like boat? Eilidh Bhan .... quick ID = yellow hull.
Looks like she's planked w wood but is it the steel building method talked about earlier?
She's like my Willy .. Narrow easy entry w full aft cheeks.
Very nice double ender w an N46 like stem and deeper forefoot.
Engine rebuilt recently .. With new crankshaft .. 90hp. That's about as total as a rebuild can get.
I see she's wood. "larch on oak" Built in 1998.

Link by Rustybarge

That's a very pretty hull; it's hard to beat the elegance of wooden work boats.:)

Last edited:
Wow! I finely have arrived at the point of having found MY favorite and lusted for boat!!:whistling: No matter the views of any body else, this is now my only 'Dream Boat' given unlimited wealth:thumb:. In a heart beat this would be in the harbor here in Ketchikan as fast as the check would clear!!! Truely a man's boat that a woman would love.:flowers: The photos alone cause increased heart beating!!:smitten:

Al-Ketchkan

1969 Ed Monk, Sr. Nelson & Hansen Pilothouse Power Boat For Sale

Don't know exactly how I ended up back on this page of the subject thread, BUT sure am happy I did. That Monk design "Lazy Gal" is just an absolute beauty. WOW:thumb:

Better grab a few of those photo before the vessel gets sold and that listing ends.

Attachments

• Monk Trawler for sale.jpg
    Monk Trawler for sale.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 599
Brian,
Here's two more.
Been aboard Al ... bout pee'd ma pants in lust.

Attachments

• DSCF1578 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1578 copy 2.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF1568 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1568 copy 2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I was talked out of having an orange pilothouse roof by fellow Trawler Forum participants because bright yellow is much more visible. :) :thumb:

Last edited:
Brian,
Here's two more.
Been aboard Al ... bout pee'd ma pants in lust.

wow that is a pretty boat.. enough to make one ponder the thought of owning a wood yacht.... for about 5 seconds!

HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD,
AFTER 10 or 15 minutes aboard this boat plastic boats won't even exist for at least 10 minutes. And they may look substandard for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom