Outboard rail mount bracket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mainship400

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Glacier Bay 2770
Anyone know of a source for a 1 1/4" rail mount bracket for storing a small outboard on our Flybridge? Motor is only 30 pounds but the ones I have seen for sale are all for 1" inch or less rails. Or do you have a DIY suggestion?
Thank you!
John

Last edited:
stainless u bolts and whatever fabrication you need for the outboard clamp on board.

stainless u bolts and whatever fabrication you need for the outboard clamp on board.

Agree. I've seen plenty made from wood or starboard with just clamps to the rails.

I took a nice thick oak plank to a wood shop and had them router a 1.25" half circle shaped groove in it to match the tubing on which I mounted it. Then bolted it with Scotty rail mounts on the other side of the tube from the grooved plank. I touch up the varnish on the oak from time to time, but it's been holding my 22lb outboard perfectly for 17 years now.

If the 1" relief bracket has enough material, take it to a wood shop and have it routered to 1.25".

Plenty of good ideas here to get what you want. I preferred to keep my weight low and made a bracket that clamped to the Bridge ladder...

20150204_134033-vi.jpg

Great ideas. Thank you. Thumbs up to the ladder innovation!

Here is what I did on my previous boat Spirit, a Camano. I have transom davits now, so the OB stays on the dinghy.

Attachments

• OB Mount 1.jpg
    OB Mount 1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 81
  • OB Mount 3.jpg
    OB Mount 3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 87

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom