Lehman 120 replacement belt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winty

Vessel Make
'81 CHB34
Greetings,

Currently sitting on a mooring in Catalina harbor.

The belt currently installed on the engine is a Ford 9470 "Green Stripe." There is also a backup belt zip tied to the coolant hose. I don't know the age of either belt and ordered replacements from American Diesel.

The belts on the engine have no teeth, the new belts have teeth. Otherwise the belts appear identical in dimension.

When I Google "ford 9470 belt" all the result images contain teeth. Can I use the new belts, with teeth?

Attachments

• 20151127_114713.jpg
    20151127_114713.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20151127_115132.jpg
    20151127_115132.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 87
Quick answer, yes, use the toothed belt. The belt number is the size, and that's what counts.

If you look closely you will see that the spare belt is "threaded" around a coolant hose. You will need to remove the hose to put the new belts on, loosing some coolant. That's why the spare is zip tied

If you look closely you will see that the spare belt is "threaded" around a coolant hose. You will need to remove the hose to put the new belts on, loosing some coolant. That's why the spare is zip tied

just to clarify...

You will not need to remove the hose to put the new belt on.

:)

Correct on the existing spare belt. The new ones require the hose to be removed on the 120. The 135 does not have that problem

Back
Top Bottom