Back in the Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ex Sailor

Thank you for allowing me to be part of this group / forum .....

Having sailed for 25 years, we reluctantly sold our Corbin39 in 2012 and were boatless for about 3 years. It was always our intent to get into a Trawler ( aka .. summer home ) and we did ! Late this year we bought a lovely 1988 Kha Shing Overseas 40 that we will keep in Georgian Bay Ontario where we have sailed in the past.

I have learned a ton sailing and outfitting my previous sail boats but the systems on a twin engine Trawler are much more complex and there are more of them. To that end, I look forward to the discussions and forums in this group and again .... thank you for the opportunity to learn more.

Ex, welcome to TF. This is a great place to hang out and learn from the pro's. Heck if they will accept me with the boat I have I'm sure they'll accept a former blow boater who has come over from the dark side.

I'm not familiar with your boat so some pics would be nice.

You join a large group of those who have made the switch. Most have very few problems in doing so as their sailing experience makes it an easy transition.

You join a large group of those who have made the switch. Most have very few problems in doing so as their sailing experience makes it an easy transition.

Thanks, some minor seamanship adjustments I guess .. But I must admit, at first, the mechanical systems were overwhelming ... eg. big step for me from a single 50 HP Kubota to a twin 210 HP Turbo Cummins, 2 fuel systems, hydraulics etc. etc. .... lol

We made the switch about three years ago . We love it . Oh yeah welcome to the forum .

Back
Top Bottom