Newbie looking for a 42 Grand banks classic 88-91

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Islandcaren

Hi! My husband Ron and I are new to the site. We are currently looking to buy a 42 Grand Banks Classic 1988-1991 with the 13.7 hull. The boat must be meticulously maintained. We live in Clearwater Florida. The boat must be located from the Chesapeake south. We have finances lined up and are ready to go. We are working with a broker, because we sold a boat and the money is in escrow, so we can show it as a trade for tax reasons. Look forward to reading all the information on this site and hopefully owning a trawler soon.

Happy boating!

Caren

islandcaren63@gmail.com

Welcome to the forum! Best of luck with your search.

Ted

Thanks for the welsomes

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Yes, I joined Grand Banks Forum and posted my GB needs. Lots of looks and one response, that is a potential. It's pretty far away, as far as getting it to Key West. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Caren

Your list of "must bes" is a very good starting place. But don't overlook that otherwise good vessel that with a few dollars invested on your part makes it much better than the meticulous boats on the market. A 25 year old boat is exactly that.

BTW, the fresh water Great Lakes boats may be worth a look too. I've known of some real gems that have been indoor stored during the winter and really do appear meticulous.

Good luck

Thanks Sunchsser. Very good point! Great Lakes is too far. We would pay someone to bring it to KW and that would be to expensive. We are on a 42 GB :)

Back
Top Bottom