In the Trawler Market

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please note from Rick's link that only top draw is OK except for tank drain lines that must be plugged and/or valved.

"But in the age of boats you'll be seeing, teak decks are common and if you are willing to run the chance of a leak, they are usually fine. Most do not leak however."

Our 1983 Albin has teak decks that are in excellent condition. They do not leak as far as we can tell.
We did re-caulk the entire flybridge in 2009 and part of the main deck last summer. Not nearly as difficult or as time consuming as I have read.

John P,

USCG approved or not I would like mor information on your plastic fuel tanks. I was told of i put in 70 gallon plastic tanks that I would have to build a box around them to support them.* I would like to get at least a manufacturer of you tanks so I can do some research

Regards
John Allison

sunchaser wrote:Please note from Rick's link that only top draw is OK except for tank drain lines that must be plugged and/or valved.
"(5) Openings for fill pipes, vent pipes, and machinery fuel supply
pipes, and openings for fuel level gauges, where used, must be on the
topmost surfaces of tanks. Tanks may not have any openings in bottoms,
sides, or ends, except for:
*** (i) An opening fitted with a threaded plug or cap installed for tank
cleaning purposes; and
*** (ii) In a diesel fuel tank, openings for supply piping and tubular
gauge glasses."

Moonstruck wrote:Walt, First place I don't believe that for a second.* And fair has nothing to do with it. :>))
Gentlemen:* I stand by my statement, realizing that in this day and age it may be
hard to swallow for some.* When it comes to boats, the decision is 100% mine.
My wife puts in very little time on the boat, so her opinion doesn't hold much water.
Sound tough? You bet!

SeaHorse II wrote:

Moonstruck wrote:Walt, First place I don't believe that for a second.* And fair has nothing to do with it. :>))
Gentlemen:* I stand by my statement, realizing that in this day and age it may be
hard to swallow for some.* When it comes to boats, the decision is 100% mine.
My wife puts in very little time on the boat, so her opinion doesn't hold much water.
Sound tough? You bet!

Walt,* Who makes the decisions on how to redecorate the Family Room? JohnP

JohnP wrote:Walt,* Who makes the decisions on how to redecorate the Family Room? JohnP
She does. (With my blessings.)
nana.gif

SeaHorse II wrote:

JohnP wrote:Walt,* Who makes the decisions on how to redecorate the Family Room? JohnP
She does. (With my blessings.)
nana.gif

And so does mine-* It may be our boat but it is her House. JohnP

-- Edited by JohnP on Thursday 27th of January 2011 04:08:38 PM

Attachments

• shack.jpg
    shack.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 95
Alfton wrote:

John P,

USCG approved or not I would like mor information on your plastic fuel tanks. I was told of i put in 70 gallon plastic tanks that I would have to build a box around them to support them.* I would like to get at least a manufacturer of you tanks so I can do some research

Regards
John Allison
********* John,* Sent you a PM.* I advise everyone to install USCG approved tanks only-

********************************************* your insurance company will appreciate it!!!

JohnP wrote:And so does mine-* It may be our boat but it is her House. JohnP
Wow! SHE has a nice house!* (I love front porches.)

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Monday 24th of January 2011 04:39:06 PM

SeaHorse II wrote:

JohnP wrote:And so does mine-* It may be our boat but it is her House. JohnP
Wow! SHE has a nice house!* I love front porches.

Thanks,** Great place for the rocking chairs.*

JohnP:

When I was in the Navy, I was stationed at Lakehurst, in a helicopter squadron.
I dated a gal from Tom's River for about 6 months. (1963)

Are roto-molded fuel tanks like Moeller makes considered fiber reinforced plastic? And how does one determine the fire retardant properties of FRP.

No the roto-molded tanks from Moellor Marine are poly or plastic.* FRP are fiberglass and resin I assume.* If the Frp tanks are tested to the USCG specs. they meet the minimum requirement.

It seems to me when a boat catches on fire you have very little time to really save the boat.* Getting the crew to safety probably is high on the list.* It is a something I hope none of us has to deal with.* JohnP

Well Marin your'e on here a lot**** ...and so am I does that mean we are excited?
Are we young enough for this much excitement? We should ask our doctors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom