identify seacock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meridian

Guru
Vessel Name
Meridian
Vessel Make
Krogen-42
Can anyone identify the brand of seacock on 1986 Krogen?
Thanks

Attachments

• thru-1.jpg
    thru-1.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 105
  • thru-2.jpg
    thru-2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 98
Maybe some Chinese mystery brand. Whatever it is, it looks like it's time to replace it.

That's a big hole to have underwater in your hull with nothing on it........I would replace that with something contemporary and, of course, a nice big backing plate.

I agree, I had a similar mystery valve on our hot water heater discharge. Asians are great at copying things, we have a lot of stainless steel elbows on plumbing hoses that look kind of marginal until you figure our boat is 28 years old. But I agree it needs to go, big difference between sea cocks and a shower drain elbow.

That is NOT a seacock, rather simply a through hull with a ball valve screwed onto it. They did at least, it appears, shorten the through hull to reduce leverage. It appears also that they added frp to the area around the through hull to thicken and strengthen the hull skin.

Still not a seacock. Replace it after reading the Compass Marine article as shown above.

If that is indeed just a ball valve on a through hole it's a wonder it doesn't leak. most through holes are straight thread where your standard big box store ball valve is a tapered thread.

Back
Top Bottom