My Short Haul Refit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get her back inside !! She will get dirty out there.

January?! You'll be breaking ice on the river as you bring her out into the Chesepeake. Better to let me bring her down for you now and you can can fly down at your leisure.:popcorn:

She's looking amazing. I figure she'll look even better in the water.

Check with Snook Bright Marine, Ft Myers Beach, Moss Marine, Ft Myers Beach, downtown Ft Myers, City Marine.
If you need additional help, let me know, we will look for others.

Henry
239-734-0945

I appreciate it. Was hoping for the Harbour at Cape Coral, but they're full presently.

Nice to see a side view from a distance.

Shes real purty.

Thanks! Was tough to take side pics in the building.

Get her back inside !! She will get dirty out there.

It's a boat, they get dirty. Bigger problem was todays rain, she got wet.:rolleyes:

January?! You'll be breaking ice on the river as you bring her out into the Chesepeake. Better to let me bring her down for you now and you can can fly down at your leisure.:popcorn:

She's looking amazing. I figure she'll look even better in the water.

That's very generous of you. Thing is we had frost a couple of times already and I don't think your FL blood would handle those kind of temperatures. Bucky ready to crash the TF geezer rally in February?

Ted

Just as I thought. It looked ok before- but when you brought it out in the sunshine you could see all those flaws ....;).

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Just as I thought. It looked ok before- but when you brought it out in the sunshine you could see all those flaws ....;).

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Yes, there are a few waves in the hull from the mold that would have taken a lot of glassing over several feet to get perfectly fair. But I'm a simple man of limited taste, so, as is, she's good enough for me. ;)

Ted

But I'm a simple man of limited taste, so, as is, she's good enough for me. ;)

Ted

Yah! right! LOL!

Looks wonderful. When and where is her "maiden cruise"?

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Yah! right! LOL!

Jim
I'm in Fort Myers, FL now for turkey day with the wife, step daughters and families. Then a week of cave diving in Mexico. Should be back in Maryland middle of December to splash and sea trial. Hope to put 50 hours on the motor in December. Will head South after the 3rd of January to Fort Myers. Figure 1,100 miles ought to be a good shakedown cruise. Plan to do some modest trips during the winter, then head North back up to Chesapeake Bay starting April 1st.

Ted

Yah! right! LOL!

Jim

DITTO!!!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

DITTO!!!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️
Thanks!

Hard to be sitting back relaxing waiting for the grandkids to arrive knowing I could be doing stuff on my boat. Oh well, probably best to decompress for a while.

Ted

Just spent the last few hours reading your thread, an amazing accomplishment for you, the work looks top quality and you know it's done properly, I hope the first cruise goes well, take some painkillers for when your jaw starts hurting from grinning too much...

No "good job" smilies on here so I borrowed one...

Thumbs-up-montage.gif

Just spent the last few hours reading your thread, an amazing accomplishment for you, the work looks top quality and you know it's done properly, I hope the first cruise goes well, take some painkillers for when your jaw starts hurting from grinning too much...

Thanks! Hope to splash her around the 15th. Looking forward to seatrials. More pictures to follow (with big grins).

Ted

Waiting for word here...it's 6PM EST. Was today the splash day? Looking for the pics with grins in the water.

Fighting a cold at the moment. :cry: I wasn't terribly productive in the yard today. Have a small list to get accomplished before splash. Hoping to get it together Friday and splash late or first thing Saturday. Cold front is coming in with high winds which may delay the splash. High winds on the bay can push water which yields abnormally low tides in the winter. Because of my draft, we need to launch within a few hours of high tide.

Ted

Hope you bounce back from your cold soon. I have little doubt that your slowest speed while under the weather is still light years ahead of the glacial speed of my team. In the past week, a pulpit got cut to shape and a couple coats of varnish got applied and sanded. :facepalm: Whew....take a break guys...you must be exhausted!! :banghead:

Standing by for a splash report...Good luck, Ted!

Take your time. Remember the worse thing you can have on a boat is a schedule. Stay safe.

Hope you bounce back from your cold soon. I have little doubt that your slowest speed while under the weather is still light years ahead of the glacial speed of my team. In the past week, a pulpit got cut to shape and a couple coats of varnish got applied and sanded. :facepalm: Whew....take a break guys...you must be exhausted!! :banghead:

Standing by for a splash report...Good luck, Ted!

Al, sorry to hear about the slow progress. Hard to have patience when the work seems straight forward and their spending their time on another customer's boat.

Man I hope I'm turning the corner on this cold! This sucks!

Will post splash pictures when it happens.

Take your time. Remember the worse thing you can have on a boat is a schedule. Stay safe.

Dave, threw the schedule away a year ago. Just want this to happen before real winter sets in. Hope your cruise is still going well.

Ted

Dave, threw the schedule away a year ago. Just want this to happen before real winter sets in. Hope your cruise is still going well.

Ted

Over 4000 miles and haven't had a bad day yet! Hanging out in Longboat Key for two months. Should cruise Fort Meyers area around the last week in February and then on to Marathon. Hoping our paths cross.

Over 4000 miles and haven't had a bad day yet! Hanging out in Longboat Key for two months. Should cruise Fort Meyers area around the last week in February and then on to Marathon. Hoping our paths cross.

Longboat for two months! :eek:

Hope you have some day or short trips planned so you can see the rest of the area. :D

Dave: Longboat Key? I live here and the Red Tide has chased us off the Island for at least half of the last 50 days! Where are you camping out? I'll drop off a bottle of wine.

I'll be Fort Myers then, one way or another. Hoping to head South first week of January. Will definitely get together then.

Ted

I'll be Fort Myers then, one way or another. Hoping to head South first week of January. Will definitely get together then.

Ted

We could have our own pre-Boat Show Gulf Coast reunion.

Well, I met the Fryedaze crew this morning for coffee and was delighted to find out that Capt. Dave was as much of an introvert as I am. Betsy, on the other hand, makes up for the lack of social skillls in both of us.....sufficient to give the Fryedaze vessel a social mark well above average. That Monk Overseas 42 is the best conditioned boat I've seen of that year and style, absolutely gorgeous. I'm even more encouraged now that once Ted arrives with his awesome Cherobini, the chances of us being able to avoid the Moonstruck dominated east coast event is better than ever. The remaining fear is that Ted's late splash will be more of a splat than a splash, and his perfect paint job will have to do ice-breaking duty till he gets south of the Chesepeake.

No launch yet, wind was blowing 30 knots on Saturday.:nonono: To tough to safely handle the boat out of the slings in those kind of winds.

Sean is working on my bill. He points to the garbage can.

20151220_165700.jpg

All the rolls of tape and masking plastic used on the boat. Instead of logging each roll, he just throws the spent tubes in a box to be tallied at the end. Same for sanding discs, paper, and mesh. There were several big boxes of sanding supplies. :eek:

Ted

Weather forecast for Thursday into Friday am NW 15 to 20 gusting to 30 knots. No significant high tides (to launch boats) till Saturday. :facepalm:

Light rain and minimal wind today. High tide at 5pm this afternoon. Lets go now!

DSCN1679.jpg

DSCN1682.jpg

DSCN1687.jpg

DSCN1689.jpg

DSCN1691.jpg

DSCN1698.jpg

DSCN1695.jpg

DSCN1702.jpg

Sean on the right; I'm on the left.

DSCN1692.jpg

Engine started right up, very quiet, very smooth, no vibration! Love my Deere. :smitten: Generator fired right up. Have a few of things to work on, but overall 98% success!

Ted

Last edited:
I know that has to be an awesome feeling to have it in the water after all this time!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom