View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 09:26 AM   #106
stubones99
Guru

City: Melbourne, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Word o' caution

Via close business connections... In 2013 I purchased a 2012 top end, super capable Apple laptop from a computer beta test company working for Apple. It had tested good on all accounts. They cleaned everything off of it to regain complete virgin condition. I went to Apple experts, Apple computer company itself, and even began relationship with a retired Apple programmer. NO Body could get too large a number of my PC files loaded onto the Apple. I would have lost way too many important legal documents, programs, drawings, math, and photos of proprietary items that I'm hooked up with. These items are to me very important and must stay available at the drop of a hat. I've been building my file base on PC's since early 90's.

Some people said... well... why don't you just use a PC and an Apple; that way you can have the best of both worlds. My answer - Too much of a PIA! My mornings already start at 4:30 to 5 and I've not time to fk around with separate computer types. I've not the band-width nor desire to PC and Apple simultaneously. That said - I hope PC's (Microsoft specifically) doesn't shoot itself (me or you too) in the foot with all these "new" Windows efforts that their geeks in cubicles on 100,000 sq. ft. operations floors spend their life modifying... for the good of everyone - of course!
As a fellow programmer, you can use Fusion for the Mac to run both Windows, Linux and Mac OS at the same time. It has a function to import stuff from windows onto your mac, so all you need is to link the two and start the import.

I guess you didn't talk to the right xspurts

Stu
stubones99 is offline   Reply With Quote