kudos for Westpoint Harbor California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawdler

Vessel Name
none
Vessel Make
pipe dream
I have to put in a word for Westpoint Harbor in Redwood City, CA. We just went there for one night in a guest slip and I was totally impressed with the courtesy and friendly service there. As we approached the dock, two men met us to help secure our boat and introduce us to the marina. They provided an adaptor for our electrical connection, and gave us a nice tour of the facility, which boasts very nice restrooms, showers, and laundry. What really impressed me was that I received a phone call from John several hours after we left. He knew that we were bucking 35-40 knot headwinds on our way back to Sausalito, and he called just to be sure we got home safely! Terrific people.:thumb:

Is that the new place they built behind the new office park by the port?
Once you were there, what was there to do? Back in the day, there was a pretty good dive bar / restaurant by the first marina down past the port.... or so they say.

Yes, it's the newest marina around. You are correct that there is not much there now--but according to the folks on site there are plans in the works for retail / restaurant, boat yard, and I think even Yacht Club. We used it as a tailgate (transomgate?) venue for a Stanford game :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Next time stop by and say 'hi' - I liveaboard at Westpoint Harbor and I really like it there. The fact there's not much around the harbor yet is actually one of the attractions for me. Another attraction is that you can pump out your holding tank while still in the slip. They have a portable cart that you wheel to the nearest "hookup" point (they are about every three slips). From there you can connect up the hose, press the remote pump start button and pump out without ever leaving the slip. Now that's civilized!

Richard
Stillwater, KK54 #5
Westpoint Harbor,
Redwood City, CA

I agree it is a lovely place with lovely people. It is walking distance (ok maybe a bit of a long walk) to the Port of Redwood City that I believe George is referring to. I can't think of a dive bar at the center there (at the port) but there is a restaurant and a yacht club (Sequoia). Maybe the bar at that restaurant IS a dive? The folks at the YC are super nice and worth paying a call to if you are a YC member.

thanks for replies, Richard and Jennifer :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom