greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rainman

Vessel Name
Rhino
Vessel Make
Jarvis Newmann 46
hello everyone . i have recently set off on my first real voyage with my first "big" boat. i have owned numerous small craft for hunting, fishing, playing, etc but this 46ft is a whole new animal. my wife and i are able for the first time to walk away from our jobs for a year or so. we are blessed to have a great friend who is my boat and navigation mentor to lead us on this journey from Texas to Florida. so far i have to say because of this forum there have been members who have meet us every stop in Louisiana and treated us like royalty. some of the nicest folks ever. trips to walmart , feed extremely well , local advice etc.. i hope i can return the hospitality one day.

Congratulations -- both on the boat and on the trip. Both sound great!

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you've met a lot of crazies. Wait until you meet someone "normal".

brng.gif

Rainman
Enjoyed your visit last week-Hope the weather gets better. Did you flush the cooler on the generator again? I would do it again to make sure you got all the salt out. Just a reminder to keep up with all the maintenance on my next boat. I know, I know, I'm 3rd on the list.lol

yes sir gen working great , again thanks for everything. the pictures you took from the roadside was awsome . we will meet up again .

Welcome! That's a beautiful boat you have, and you are traveling in great company. I just hope the weather improves for you all! Enjoy the trip.

yes sir , bought a boat from him and were still friends lol we beat the odds

Rainman
Yeah, but Blue has a little sellers remorse.LOL:) Blue's Admiral needed more living area and refinements. The 4788 fills the bill. That Jarvis is very Salty but the Bayliner is very nice and I love the ergonomics of the bridge arrangement with the pilothouse access to the flybridge. BUT, I still like the lines of the Jarvis Newman better, and that huge rear deck (awesome). Both are wonderful boats. Traveling together must be a hoot. Hope the weather gets better soon, so ya'lll can get further East.

yes sir , bought a boat from him and were still friends lol we beat the odds

That is beating the odds! We too have good relations with PO of our boat. Run into him once n' a while in marine store or other location. Initially (during first couple years after purchase) he'd shy away, probably thinking oh shat there's the purchaser... then he learned we always have smiles on our faces regarding the Tolly he sold us. Long since when we run into eachother he comes right over and we exchange chat on things of interest. We do love our Tollycraft... he is a great PO to have in our boat's history!

I wish you many years of fine journeys. :thumb:

Welcome aboard! Those Yankees do build some pretty boats. Have fun.

Welcome aboard

Great looking vessel enjoy

Cheers Chris D Liberty Australia

Welcome aboard, rainman! Glad to hear you scored Blue's boat. No doubt it's in great shape.

Is it true that he sold it with an anchor-to-swimstep 10 year unlimited warranty?

I did.....full 10 year warranty on both the anchor and the swimstep :)
He's on his own for the bit in the middle lol

i like that warranty !! hope ole Blue agrees ......

yes mr. Doug , his boat is gorgeous on the inside , i get lots of compliments though which makes his sellers remorse inflame. the other day a dock walker was complimenting the jarvis and Blue walked by and said " your boat is ugly " lol , of course i poke the wound on occasion.

:eek::thumb::):)
yes mr. Doug , his boat is gorgeous on the inside , i get lots of compliments though which makes his sellers remorse inflame. the other day a dock walker was complimenting the jarvis and Blue walked by and said " your boat is ugly " lol , of course i poke the wound on occasion.

Congrats

Beautiful boat. We are just down the coast on Matagorda Bay. We hope to follow your trail in the not to distant future.

Fair winds,

Charlie

Congratulations and Welcome

thanks Charlie , the Texas Lady looks pretty awsome herself , the Rhino is a 1979 also.
I am sure we will cross paths somewhere.

Sailor of fortune , I will get some close up on the skiff setup when we make it to Gulfport tomorrow. Limited signal now.

We hope to follow your trail in the not to distant future.

What is with all these Texas boats wanting to come over to Florida all of a sudden? Not much different here from what you have there. Unless you go to the East coast, of course, which is a completely alien universe. :) If you stick to the West coast of Florida, though, not too bad. And yes, you can get to the Keys from there easily.

I suspect others will have their reasons. For us we have cruised or seen most all of the Texas coast from Galveston to Port Isabel. Cruising the Florida Keys, the Bahamas and the Chesapeake have always interested me. Our roots are in Texas and this will always be home, but for a year or two we will head East.

Charlie

Your skiff carry is interesting to me also. Waiting for a closeup.

nickair and soldier of fortune , here is the skiff set up

126.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

129.jpg

Reactions: Art
Ray did you tell Blue you had the beef jerky are did you just eat it all. Did you all make the Mobile crossing yet? Have a few pics taken in Houma I will post shortly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom