Perkins T6.354M heater hose attachment???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lecomte38

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Leap of Faith
Vessel Make
Mainship 34. Mk III
My hot water is at best Luke warm. The return hose is luke warm and the hose out gets pretty hot but slowly. The hose out is just in front of the thermostat and the return goes back in just after the thermostat in the cross pipe to the heat exchanger. Disconnected there is a good flow both out the hose and the engine connection. I believe the out/ in are too close. Where are yours connected? Thermostat is good, Engine temp comes right up to 170 and will run up to 185 at wot. Old sailor, new here and to trawlers 1984 Mainship 34 flybridge.

The hose out is just in front of the thermostat and the return goes back in just after the thermostat in the cross pipe to the heat exchanger.
Mine are connected at the same places and the water gets hotter than $&%##:whistling: when the engines run.

Did you check the flow threw the water tank. Sounds a lot like a plugged heat exchanger in the hot water heater.

My setup is the same and also produces crazy hot water. You might try disconnecting the lines and running a garden hose through it to see how well it flows. There's a distance between my hot water heater and the engine, I'd check for a kink in the line also.

Thanks for your replies. I wonder if it is air bound, The tank is quite a distance away from the engine, with ups and downs in the hose routing.

Back
Top Bottom