Old 11-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #83
N4712
Guru

City: South FL
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmason View Post
We went to the show. There were six of us in one car so we all chipped in for valet parking. That cost a total of $65 which was a bargain because some of the off site lots had signs advertising show parking at $90. I guess boating is a rich man's sport. I don't think I should be boating. We only saw the super yachts. By the time we finished drooling, the day was over. I visited a couple of the air conditioned tents but had no idea how to get to the convention center.

The whole show is most confusing for a first time visitor as it is so enormous and even the show staff has no clue as to where things are. It's kind of like a maze. I saw some kind of lecture going on in a small tent on a dock near the super yachts and it looked like a Rocna function. As a Manson owner I was afraid to go in lest I be told I have the wrong anchor.

We then headed over to Coconuts and we were lucky enough to snag a table in the bar area. It was about 130 degrees by then and we watched a poor heat struck fellow fall off his bar stool and smack his head in a dead faint. So much for the refreshing attributes of a cold beer.

I had tickets for all the days of the show thanks to industry friends. After seeing the cost of parking and the monumental traffic jams to get home, I never used the other tickets. And, of interest, I walked around our marina in Stuart and couldn't even give them away. Maybe it was the heat. Next year we will figure out a better way to see the show.

Next time let me know your down and I'll give you some guidance. All three days i went I payed 6 dollars each day for parking in the convention center parking garage then a short walk to the convention center then anther short walk to the busses that take you to Bahia Mar. Also cutting through the port saves tons of time.
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline   Reply With Quote