Heading to Mexico for Surveys and Haul out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montenido

Vessel Name
Ansedonia
Vessel Make
Californian/Carver 52CPMY
Hi folks,

Tomorrow I am flying to Baja to hopefully close a deal on a Californian 42 LRC. I've got surveyors lined up for the overall and mechanical, and the yard booked for the haul out. I'm super excited, wish me luck! :thumb:

I will post a follow up to let you know how it went.

Cheers, Bill

You are indeed wished luck! Looking forward to the follow up post.

Hi folks,

Tomorrow I am flying to Baja to hopefully close a deal on a Californian 42 LRC. I've got surveyors lined up for the overall and mechanical, and the yard booked for the haul out. I'm super excited, wish me luck! :thumb:

I will post a follow up to let you know how it went.

Cheers, Bill

Best of luck!

Well, We Did It!

Hi Folks,

I finally made it down to La Paz to check out Godzilla, a Californian 42 LRC. I spent a day aboard with the owner going over systems and taking copious notes on everything, doing my own pre-survey. The next day we had both the mechanical and regular surveys. Both went extremely well, with both surveyors commenting on the condition and maintenance that was shown by the boat.

We had to wait a couple of days for the winds to die down, as the port was closed. Finally, on Saturday we took Godzilla (soon to be Harmony) out for the sea-trial and haul out. Everything went great, with no surprises, and all systems functioning well. Upon returning to the dock, we shook hands and signed the last places on the contract, and she was ours.

I spent my final night in La Paz aboard, and marveled at the roominess of the aft stateroom compared to my other boats. I returned home yesterday with a long list of things to bring to the boat, and projects to get started on.

Unfortunately, my wife was unable to join me on this trip due to having to care for my post-op son. I can't wait to get back down there and start using her (Harmony, not my wife :D).

Cheers, Bill

Attachments

• god1.jpg
    god1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 86
  • god9.jpg
    god9.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 93
  • god19.jpg
    god19.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 86
  • god26.jpg
    god26.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 86
  • god33.jpg
    god33.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 92
  • god37.jpg
    god37.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 87
  • god42.jpg
    god42.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 72
Greetings,
Mr. Mo. Congratulations! " I can't wait to get back down there and start using her (Harmony, not my wife :D)." Go figure...Less than a week of boat ownership and already your spouse is 2nd fiddle. Sheesh!

giphy.gif

Wishing your son a speedy recovery as well.

Congratulations. She looks to be in great shape.

congratulations!

I used to work in La Paz. Be sure to stop in at La Miserable (mescaleria) and get some Mezcal next time you're down. The next morning, for your hangover, stop at "the bagel shop" for some jugo verde to get your head back on. It's a beautiful place - have fun!

Congratulations. Sounds like a great boat!

Bill

Please describe how you found working with Mexican marine and engine surveyors as compared to US. Hermanos habla Espanol o Inglis

Rufus T, you are a card! I love it! :thumb: Sunchaser, one or both of the surveyors are from Canada, with Mexican citizenship, so the language was not a barrier. Both also referred me to Mexican-owned businesses for parts and other service. I think it would have been very difficult using a Spanish-only speaker for the surveys. For general things, I can communicate fairly well in Spanish, at least they get the jist of what I am trying to say. :angel:

Cheers, Bill

Congratulations. Looks like a well cared for cruiser. 3208 Cats? Godspeed

Yes,
Twin Cat 3208 NAs. The immediate plan is to leave her down there and explore the Sea of Cortez, which is what I was doing with my previous boat. Eventually, I might bring her back up north, but not for several years.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I am now a trawler owner, whoo hoo!!!!

Cheers, Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom