Ft. Lauderdale boat show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oliver, I just got a text from Darrell, Rocna is thinking about making a promotional video and they want to talk to you. I have no idea what they are up to. Can you swing by the booth again and talk to them?

I'll be there today with one of my uncles and a cousin. I'll be wearing my Oliver shirt, so if you see me flag me down and say hi.

Now if I can just find where I left my shoes....:whistling:

Oliver thinks FLIBS is an acronym for Fort Lauderdale International Boat Shoes.:D

Oliver, I just got a text from Darrell, Rocna is thinking about making a promotional video and they want to talk to you. I have no idea what they are up to. Can you swing by the booth again and talk to them?

Yeah, sure will!

high heels swim fins !

How about high heeled swim fins?

img_386177_0_b31db3b89f6a2e3fdd0155db1ffd297c.jpg

Too funny ! My wife loves the pic ! :):)

Spent the afternoon walking around, saw a few friends and reps.

Why are there not many or any boat pics on these boat show threads?

Greetings,
Just heard an extended cacophony of vessel horns and whistles @ 17:00hrs here in Ft. Lauderdale. I suspect the boat show is over. Sorry Mr. mb. no pictures, no new boat, no money and no rendezvous...See y'all, or not, next year...

nvrmnd.gif

Went for the last time today. Reassured that the 76 will most likely be our next boat, now some convincing to do....:D

Went for the last time today. Reassured that the 76 will most likely be our next boat, now some convincing to do....:D

Dang. Nice.

Wanna make a poor car salesman a good deal on your 47? ?

Last edited:
Dang. Nice.

Note that Oliver said he still had some convincing to do. He does look ahead though and formulate not just dreams but details, so actually has a good plan.

Dang. Nice.

Lol, when the time comes to sell someone will be getting a good deal. That's for sure.

Did any of you guys go to the Convention Center this year?
I'm trying to figure out if that is a viable location for the Rocna booth next year.
The location this year was pretty bad. The prime space is in the air conditioned tents at Bahia Mar but it will be years before Rocna could get a booth there.

I'm trying to figure out if that is a viable location for the Rocna booth next year.
The location this year was pretty bad. The prime space is in the air conditioned tents at Bahia Mar but it will be years before Rocna could get a booth there.

Seems to me that everyone who I've heard from who went to the show have commented on the lack of traffic, in spite of the Sun-Sentinel's puffery saying it was a record crowd and very successful.

I didn't go so can't answer your question but it sure seems to me like all the accessories should be in one area and the convention center would be best for that.

I didn't go to the convention center, but did go to the A/C tent areas.

I wish it were a little more segmented, since megayachts are fun to look at but nowhere in my future.

We went to the show. There were six of us in one car so we all chipped in for valet parking. That cost a total of $65 which was a bargain because some of the off site lots had signs advertising show parking at $90. I guess boating is a rich man's sport. I don't think I should be boating. We only saw the super yachts. By the time we finished drooling, the day was over. I visited a couple of the air conditioned tents but had no idea how to get to the convention center.

The whole show is most confusing for a first time visitor as it is so enormous and even the show staff has no clue as to where things are. It's kind of like a maze. I saw some kind of lecture going on in a small tent on a dock near the super yachts and it looked like a Rocna function. As a Manson owner I was afraid to go in lest I be told I have the wrong anchor.

We then headed over to Coconuts and we were lucky enough to snag a table in the bar area. It was about 130 degrees by then and we watched a poor heat struck fellow fall off his bar stool and smack his head in a dead faint. So much for the refreshing attributes of a cold beer.

I had tickets for all the days of the show thanks to industry friends. After seeing the cost of parking and the monumental traffic jams to get home, I never used the other tickets. And, of interest, I walked around our marina in Stuart and couldn't even give them away. Maybe it was the heat. Next year we will figure out a better way to see the show.

Since over 90% of educated buyers will do their research on the web, having a clear, concise website with the product and reasonable / accurate comparisons to the competition would probably be your best investment.

Second to that, trawlerfest is a better target for our type boaters.

We went to the show. There were six of us in one car so we all chipped in for valet parking. That cost a total of $65 which was a bargain because some of the off site lots had signs advertising show parking at $90. I guess boating is a rich man's sport. I don't think I should be boating. We only saw the super yachts. By the time we finished drooling, the day was over. I visited a couple of the air conditioned tents but had no idea how to get to the convention center.

The whole show is most confusing for a first time visitor as it is so enormous and even the show staff has no clue as to where things are. It's kind of like a maze. I saw some kind of lecture going on in a small tent on a dock near the super yachts and it looked like a Rocna function. As a Manson owner I was afraid to go in lest I be told I have the wrong anchor.

We then headed over to Coconuts and we were lucky enough to snag a table in the bar area. It was about 130 degrees by then and we watched a poor heat struck fellow fall off his bar stool and smack his head in a dead faint. So much for the refreshing attributes of a cold beer.

I had tickets for all the days of the show thanks to industry friends. After seeing the cost of parking and the monumental traffic jams to get home, I never used the other tickets. And, of interest, I walked around our marina in Stuart and couldn't even give them away. Maybe it was the heat. Next year we will figure out a better way to see the show.

Next time let me know your down and I'll give you some guidance. All three days i went I payed 6 dollars each day for parking in the convention center parking garage then a short walk to the convention center then anther short walk to the busses that take you to Bahia Mar. Also cutting through the port saves tons of time.

If you buy your tickets online, there was an option of parking at the War Memorial Auditorium for $6 per car, which included bus transportation to and from the show(s).

I wish I had the guide a week ahead of time to find the sections so I could ignore the megayachts and look at something that's a bit more my style.

Stu

Next time let me know your down and I'll give you some guidance. All three days i went I payed 6 dollars each day for parking in the convention center parking garage then a short walk to the convention center then anther short walk to the busses that take you to Bahia Mar. Also cutting through the port saves tons of time.

I will do that. Thanks for the offer. (Trying to be nice to me eh?) :D

I went for two days, though I had planned to go for 4. Had will-call tickets from a vendor, but the will-call process is so brain dead inefficient that I finally gave up and bought tickets on my phone while I waited in line. I never did see Rocna or Parks. Were you at the convention center? I was staying at the Hilton which, by the way, is an incredible dump, but it is right next door to the convention center. I started walking over to it one day, but turned around. I'm not interested in boats with racing stripes, color coordinated outboards, and flashing blue and pink lights. I guess I'm too old for disco boats. And yes, it was bloody hot.

I went for two days, though I had planned to go for 4. Had will-call tickets from a vendor, but the will-call process is so brain dead inefficient that I finally gave up and bought tickets on my phone while I waited in line. I never did see Rocna or Parks. Were you at the convention center? I was staying at the Hilton which, by the way, is an incredible dump, but it is right next door to the convention center. I started walking over to it one day, but turned around. I'm not interested in boats with racing stripes, color coordinated outboards, and flashing blue and pink lights. I guess I'm too old for disco boats. And yes, it was bloody hot.

Parks was over by the south end where the Marlowe, and Grandbanks were. Also right near the charter fishing boats.

Ok so it sounds like the convention center is not the place to be. None of you guys went there.

As Oliver pointed out, you have to know the tricks to get reasonable parking. The boat show website sucks for parking directions. It mentioned the parking at the War Memorial but failed to give the address. It talked about other options but if you were not a local, without an address you're screwed.

I ran into Kathy who runs the Miami International Boat Show in February. She mentioned that they were going to improve their webpage concerning how to get to the show. I told her to look at the FLIBS webpage and do the opposite.

Speaking of the Miami show, this one will be the easiest one to get to ever! Just park anywhere along the Metro Rail line and get off at the Vizcaya Station. Take the shuttle from there. They're not sure how much transportation they will need so they have enough shuttle buses to carry everyone. They also have enough water taxis to carry everyone. They have twice the capacity they expect to need. I'm really looking forward to working the Miami show.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom