Old 11-05-2015, 10:16 AM   #12
janice142
Guru

City: Madeira Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Seaweed
Vessel Model: Schucker mini-trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwnall View Post
Guess my view on it is that hoses are (relatively) cheap, and engines are not. When in doubt, replace.
I am in full agreement. If one is bad, the rest are suspect. And too, fixing it before breakage is always cheaper. Go shopping for hose. Make sure you specify two wire exhaust hose.

There is a lesser quality exhaust hose with just one wire running through it. You want two. Reason: if you have to bend the hose, one wire will crease. Don't ask me how I know that!?! (Thankfully, that was not my boat but still, something to be aware of.)

With that amount of delamination, I'd replace every hose in the cooling system. IF your others are still good, you've got spares. I believe however you'll find problems throughout the system. Seldom would you have a problem in just one hose. That doesn't happen very often in my experience.

Good luck.

And while I'm spending your perfectly good money: if there's not access, cut it/create it. You will never be sorry to have easy access to components. Hinges and latches will let you close things up until needed.