Window frame seal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldenstar38

Vessel Make
Goldenstar sportfisher
Living on the west coast and with El Nino coming, I need to replace some rubber seals on my exterior window frames. These seals cover the frame hold down screws.
I have attached a couple of pics. One showing the missing piece and the other the rubber piece itself.
I am not sure whet the technical name would be nor where to purchase.
Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

Attachments

• FOT85DD.jpg
    FOT85DD.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 70
  • WP_20151104_002.jpg
    WP_20151104_002.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I might just do a couple practice runs and then fill it in with some black 4000uv. how often do you need to get to those screws?

Those aren't really seals. They are more like trim pieces to hide the screws. If your windows are leaking, I think you need to look deeper.

Ken

No leaks, but wanted to prevent water from (possibly) entering past the screws, especially with a lot of rain forecast and they screw into wood. I could use a sealer, but hated the thought of ever having to remove it should a window ever have to come out.
I will rethink the sealant, but if I decide otherwise, where can one obtain the "trim" ?

you can seal the screws. Something like 4200 on the screw threads will seal the threads and head but will still be removable later on.

Ken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom