Ft. Lauderdale boat show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is what the Yacht tent looked like yesterday.

Attachments

• FLIBS.JPG
    FLIBS.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 109
Looking like I'll be there both days.(sat & sun)

And this is what the same tent in the same place looked like today:

:eek:

Attachments

• FLIBS Monday.JPG
    FLIBS Monday.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 100
Greetings,
OK gang. Who's going when and what's the meeting spot and time? We're in on Saturday or Sunday.

Looks like im going all 4 days, Thursday and Friday, and Saturday and Sunday. If anyone wants to meet up shoot me a PM.

Greetings,
OK gang. Who's going when and what's the meeting spot and time? We're in on Saturday or Sunday.

Still a good question... Sat or Sun? I'm coming down one of the days, and would love to meet everybody.

For those that are either/or, is there a consensus?

Chuck

There are one or two adult beverage tents at the show. If I recall correctly, one is near the trawler area. What if we met there around 4:00 on sat and staked out an area?

I'm going to the show on Friday. I'll be barefoot and looking for you know who.

There are one or two adult beverage tents at the show. If I recall correctly, one is near the trawler area. What if we met there around 4:00 on sat and staked out an area?

I'll be there on Saturday... why the Hell not? I'll be ready for a beer by then, too.

Just look for the :oldman: in the pic.

I'll be wearing the same hat... hard to miss.

Attachments

• HH 2015-2.jpg
    HH 2015-2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 88
I just looked at the map of the main event site. The "bar" is at the head of the "CD" dock, and across from the engine tent. See you all there around 4:00 on Sat.

Greetings,
Just to confirm. The bar is sponsored by Gosling's Rum. Four o'clock is past my nap time but I'll make every effort to attend. Don't know which hat I'll be wearing.

Greetings,
Just to confirm. The bar is sponsored by Gosling's Rum. Four o'clock is past my nap time but I'll make every effort to attend. Don't know which hat I'll be wearing.

It's past my nap time, too. But since I'll be spending the night in the area (rather than making the 3 hour trip to Merritt Island that night), I think I can hack it.

Does anybody have an idea what time the shuttles to the area parking lots stop running?

Greetings,

You'll be the guy wearing the Groucho glasses, right?

And yes, it's the rum place. I've never been in, but assume they serve both soft and hard drinks.

I'm at the show now. There is an anchoring seminar tomorrow put on by Rocna. It's at 11:30 Dock B Bahia Mar.
Come by and annoy Mark with stupid questions.

Now thats just FUNNY, Parks!.... We can also annoy Mark with stupid questions by email, right? Thats how we usually do it.

I'm with him now, fire away.

I'm at the show now. There is an anchoring seminar tomorrow put on by Rocna. It's at 11:30 Dock B Bahia Mar.
Come by and annoy Mark with stupid questions.

Will stop by but will be around 2:00. First day was successful, went speeding through it but will slow down tomorrow and check more stuff out.

You'll be the guy wearing the Groucho glasses, right?

And yes, it's the rum place. I've never been in, but assume they serve both soft and hard drinks.

Great!

RTF, It's Mark Pocock, he's one of the powers at Canada Metal.

I hadn't heard of him until today either. Nice guy, knows anchors. As I understand it he manufactured Rocnas when they were made in Canada. Now he works for Canada Metal.

Greetings,
OK, we're in town. Have to make some breakfast, have another 6 cups of coffee (I hope there are lots of toilet facilities), pack my glasses (Groucho's of course), hail a cab and get through the gate. A former TF member was kind enough to give us some gate passes. Thanks RickB.
And we're off, like a bride's nighty! Back's in bad shape so I hope I last until the 16:00 hrs piss-up.

I'll be there today with one of my uncles and a cousin. I'll be wearing my Oliver shirt, so if you see me flag me down and say hi.

Now if I can just find where I left my shoes....:whistling:

RT Firefly said:
OK, we're in town. I hope I last until the 16:00 hrs piss-up.
How can we believe any of you are even there?

Attachments

• worthless-pics.gif
    worthless-pics.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 134
I'm going to bail out. Saw what I need to see, so starting the trip home early. Sorry I'll miss everyone.

Post pictures if you can.

I'm not coming :cry:

Can't justify the hotel rates, don't trust myself to not drink too much at the bar, and don't wanna sleep in the car.

Enjoy ya'll!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom