Motor sailer - twin diesels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So cruel posting boats like this when I'm so far down here in the land of OZ .

$100000 Australian dollars :eek: cheap as chips .Bugger if it was local by that I mean anywhere in Australia NZ I would be on the first plane with cash to purchase such a magic boat that would for fill my present needs .

Then why wouldn't you ship it if it is the right boat.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
Capt. Don

Probably too good to be true. Possibly the boat's systems are ending their natural lives. Definitely would need a close scrutiny by a highly qualified, buyer-friendly boat surveyor.

SAIL boats can make it to down under with a bit of an investment in TIME , not big bucks .

So cruel posting boats like this when I'm so far down here in the land of OZ .

$100000 Australian dollars :eek: cheap as chips .Bugger if it was local by that I mean anywhere in Australia NZ I would be on the first plane with cash to purchase such a magic boat that would for fill my present needs .

Here is one even cheaper...

1981 Lancer 44 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

No interest or affiliation of course.

I like this one. Seems well thought out. Solar runs the AC!

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1446033969.548997.jpg

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...2813331/LaBelle/FL/United-States#.VjC5OYm9LCQ

Where's the sail?

The broker says....

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]She is presently set up as a trawler but the full sailing rig is included and she could easily be re-stepped.

Gee CD, this is like your boat with twins!
[/FONT]

I noticed the resemblance! Fine looking vessel. ?

I can barely work on one engine, sure wouldn't want two.

Since I have not seen a Lancer on here I will feel free to bash them...there is no need to get worked up about how cheap they are selling.. they are a P.O.S and the cheapest one is not even a bargain. They were right up there with the McGregor 65 sail boats... built so light ( quality and thin scantlings) that they were known to flex enough to cause major rigging issues in a seaway.
HOLLYWOOD

saw one of these at the st pete boatshow 35 years ago.they had a video showing two kids water sking behind it cool boat

Greetings,
Interesting. Contrast one of these twins with a single rudder to the single with twin rudders in another thread.

If anyone would be interested in the second vessel (in TN), let me know. She's in my marina. I could get more info ,pictures etc. It looks like she was used a little this past season, as I noticed she was turned around in the slip. I don't go out much on the weekends because of all the danged PWC's, pontoons with 200 HP engines, and skiers out there, so I didn't actually see her underway. She does look to be in good condition on the exterior tho'. Ben

A Lancer is one of those boats that has great lines, looks like a proper motor sailor should, and then you step aboard, and say WTF? The entire belowdecks accommodation is a disastrous use of space, the systems are darn near impossible to get to, and the whole thing makes a 70's era Bayliner appear luxurious.

A shame, really.

The Morgan with the "pilot house" built on it is priceless, and made my day, Thanks. Especially love those Wal Mart Mahreene air konditioners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom