Finding leak in my inflatable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
"Dragon Lady"
Vessel Make
DeFever 41
My elderly Carib inflatable has developed a slow leak. I intend to "paint" the tubes with soapy water in the hope that bubbles will tell me where the leak is. What type and brand of soapy stuff works best? Techniques?

Where do they usually leak? Mine loses pressure over a few days, but it's such a slow leak I don't even know if I'd see bubbles. Could it be the pump-up fitting? Is it usually a seam?

Before testing pump it up a bit more than the usual max so the leak will have more flow. I have used 409 as well on tires...it will foam/bubble nicely at the leak.

Where do they usually leak? Mine loses pressure over a few days, but it's such a slow leak I don't even know if I'd see bubbles. Could it be the pump-up fitting? Is it usually a seam?

Fittings and seams are the most likely places to leak. Otherwise punctures of some sort.

Any time I thought mine had a leak it was always dirt in the fill valves. Doesn't take much.

Thanks all. Shares in Palmolive on the rise, hands soft as face, have not yet found leak. Will try again with Dawn and report back.

Back
Top Bottom