Travel companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the responses, I did not think I would find a travel companion on here. But it doesn't hurt to put the word out.

N43- it doesn't hurt to try- and besides it gave us something to talk about. And believe me- it gets much worse in the winter when the boating dies off. We'll debate ANYTHING for days :)!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

When I think of sailing with strangers (or recently-mets), I always think of the movie Dead Calm.
One of my favorite movies about the sea. I have it in my collection.:blush:

I love this thread. Can't wait to see what comes up next. :hide:

Anchors!!!!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Greetings,
Ms. BB. "Away or aweigh?" Depends in whether one is coming or going. Puts me in mind of a humorous anecdote.
This fellow walks into a.....Nope, NOT going there.

giphy.gif

Fred Astaire had dinner on our boat in the late sixties. He was nice.

So these two missionaries from a well known religion walked into a bar, helping each other carry the weight of the generator they were toting down to their boat. The bartender says to them.....

"Hey, get that duck out of my bar." One of the missionaries (happened to have a bit of a speech impediment) replied. "Pwease sir, she's been qwacking aw day and aw she wants to do is West her beak".

rofling.gif

Last edited:
"Hey, get that duck out of my bar." One of the missionaries (happened to have a bit of a speech impediment) replied. "Pwease sir, she's been qwacking aw day and aw she wants to do is West her beak".

rofling.gif

Put it on her bill.

The Bummer will be releasing thousands of federal felons again this fall ,

perhaps there is a lady that would think 5 years on a small boat is a big step up?

There is a forum titled "Cruisers and Sailing Forum" that has a section entitles "crews" you can post your requirements and destinations there. I just scrolled through it and there are a few single women that are available for a voyage or two. These may or may not know what they would be getting into. Most will list their experience with previous voyages, type of vessels, endorsements, etc..
You might try there. Good luck....If you find one see if she has a friend.

dan

rofling.gif

RT...you quack me up!:D

There is a forum titled "Cruisers and Sailing Forum" that has a section entitles "crews" you can post your requirements and destinations there. I just scrolled through it and there are a few single women that are available for a voyage or two. These may or may not know what they would be getting into. Most will list their experience with previous voyages, type of vessels, endorsements, etc..
You might try there. Good luck....If you find one see if she has a friend.

dan

What you will find reading the ads there is one common thread. Those wanting a crew want one for free or nearly free and those available to be on a crew want to be paid.

What you will find reading the ads there is one common thread. Those wanting a crew want one for free or nearly free and those available to be on a crew want to be paid.

Ah so, capitalism at its best! If I needed crew, I would look for one that would pay half the fuel cost. :nonono:

The situation gives a whole new meaning to singlehanded voyages.

Perhaps look at some of the mail order bride sites. Or go to some of the countries where women are anxious to meet men from the US and where normal income is much lower and you'll look ever wealthier.

Perhaps look at some of the mail order bride sites. Or go to some of the countries where women are anxious to meet men from the US and where normal income is much lower and you'll look ever wealthier.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Of course, the honky-tonk drunk women approach in the proper geographic area of the US might yield an equivalent result. The probability of getting a "hell yes...I'm all in for this!!!" can be quickly assessed by measuring the tattoo to tooth ratio.:hide:

Last edited:
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Of course, the honky-tonk drunk women approach in the proper geographic area of the US might yield an equivalent result. The probability of getting a "hell yes...I'm all in for this!!!" can be quickly assessed by measuring the tattoo to tooth ratio.:hide:

When that group sobers up though they're typically not as agreeable as the ladies available from some of these other countries. I've known one mail order bride and one "being able to stay in the US bride" The mail order bride was extremely nice but limited educationally and her husband was beyond jerk. The stay in the US knew exactly what she was doing. Stay with him three years, become a citizen then dump him. He was a lazy, worked only part time type and she paid the bills. Plus he got a trophy wife, far out of his league in looks and brains. Oh and it only cost her a lump sum payment of $10k to get him to sign divorce papers, when he could have gone after far more. He never had any idea how much she was making, just they had a nice home and she was paying all the bills. He signed the tax returns without really looking as all that mattered to him was she was paying the tax and he didn't have to. So, guess he got a three year free ride with a trophy wife.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom