Fall is the best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
It's late October so took the sports car over to the mountain cabin for a little touring. The leaves were not exactly at peak color, but will be in a couple of days. Here are some pictures from our outing Saturday. The last shot is the lake where the mountain cabin is located.

img_382223_0_b1c251f1dc8aac38f940dbea4da1560b.jpg

img_382223_1_f32a99560f9b125c555fa6e8321e129b.jpg

img_382223_2_610ed7421b8d958cb95a084bc1aef0af.jpg

img_382223_3_b19cb507cface7a7363326e9a60d012a.jpg

Just drove back from the mountains today. As suspected the leaf colors had built to a crescendo. It was a spectacular drive, but unfortunately rainy and overcast. No pictures, but what a great weekend to be in our mountains.

New England this time of year is still on the bucket list.
Been close a few times but time and location didn't quite match up.

Very nice shots. Fall, to me, signals a slowing down...of our busy lives, of the seasons as we head to winter, etc. I have always liked the fall because it brings a sense of serenity with it.

Don-thanks for the pics! Having lived in NC for about 15 years, down on the SE coast, it almost makes me homesick! My son went to college up in Brevard, and we used to go up at least once during the fall every year. As much as I love Seattle and the ruggedness of the mountains out here, there is a kind of soft beauty to the NC mountains that is hard to beat!

Don-thanks for the pics! Having lived in NC for about 15 years, down on the SE coast, it almost makes me homesick! My son went to college up in Brevard, and we used to go up at least once during the fall every year. As much as I love Seattle and the ruggedness of the mountains out here, there is a kind of soft beauty to the NC mountains that is hard to beat!

Yes, our mountains are not as spectacular as the Rockies. I like to describe them as enfolding and comfortable. There is just something about the lush green mostly rounded peaks that has a softness. The creek in the picture is Suches Creek near the cabin. It is a pristine stretch of water. It drains into the Toccoa River which is almost within sight of the cabin.

Beautiful, Don. The lake looks so peaceful.

Al, it is nice to sit on the deck overlooking the lake. The lake is private. It is not cold enough to support trout, but is full of bass and bream with very little fishing pressure. They will rise to a fly especially during the hatches.

Gorgeous pics! I too like fall... gets a little cooler than the hot as heck summer, but we don't freeze our butts off either. Change of leaves makes for some nice walks as well.

Back
Top Bottom