CAT 3208 T/A Parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Without going through a CAT dealer, where can I find parts like raw water impellers and other non-OEM priced parts?

Impeller should be a Sherwood 17000K, as long as it is a Sherwood pump. Read pump model on cover plate. Most use the Sherwood P176??? Some use Jabsco's, those are just as easily found. Alternators easy non-oem. Belts and filters also available, although I use Cat filters on these, not super expensive and good quality.

Tom, After we bought our boat it didn't take me long to realize that CAT is pretty proud of their products. Here are a few sources I found to buy "stuff" from. I couldn't find the receipt from the impellers I bought but I'll keep looking.

Westerbeke Parts & Racor filters:
Discount Marine Source discountmarinesource.com

Baldwin Oil Filters:
go2marine.com

Mike

Thanks all. The oil filters and belts I can get from NAPA.

Thanks for the site for Racor filters.

So a funny story. I looked at the back of the raw water pump for a part number.

Found out it is a Jasbsco pump, then I started writing down the part number " 1-0-0-s-e. That didn't see right. I was reading upside down. No that ain't the number, so I took a wire brush to it. Then wrote L-0-0-S-E.......mmmmmm

"Loosen nuts to drain"

Oh well, at least I now know its a Jaspco. So where is a good place to get impellers for Jabsco and my Onan Genny?

I've used pumpagents.com and also purchased from Amazon. Pump Agents have exploded diagrams of the pumps that help if you need parts like seals and bearings or just want a part number. If you know the part number Amazon can have some good deals.

Back
Top Bottom