View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 07:01 PM   #9
questionmark

City: southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack Mule View Post
Nice boat . Congratulations . Like the Europa style .
The Europa style fits. My wife liked the single level cockpit/salon layout of a sportfisher, I like the TT style, so it was a great compromise. Coming from a sailing background, this one handles like a really wide sailboat. It even has a monster keel down the centerline to make me feel at home.

I'll have to get used to a wheel again. I've been sailing a 28,000 lbs. boat with a tiller lately. This one has hydraulic steering. My first thoughts on taking the wheel for the first time was disappointment that I couldn't feel the rudder at all. Then I realized that I don't have to, because I'm not sailing. That transitioned to how awesome hydraulic steering was because I didn't have to worry about getting launched overboard when backing up.

It will be an interesting transition. I was talking to my wife last night about installing a navigation computer similar to the low power version I have in the sailboat. I realized that I can put a nice big 19" or 21" monitor up, because I don't have to worry about power draw. The alternator will be working anytime I'm moving. That started a whole train of thought about how stringent I had to be with my power budget for offshore passage making, and how I don't have to worry much about that for coastal powerboating. I hate to think I'm going soft, but I don't think it's going to be hard for me to get used to.

I tried to attach a pic of the prop and rudder from the survey, but it was inverted. I'll have to figure out how to change the photo on my phone first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20151026_155848.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	45873  
questionmark is offline   Reply With Quote