Italian restaurants in Houston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rardoin

Looking for the best Italian food in Houston. I figured this would be a good place to ask. So far, DaMarco is at the top of my list but, although I am a creature of habit, I would like to get some other options. Most nights we would be dressed for the opera so Olive Garden would be out:D. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

BTW... Dimer2...if you are viewing this...let me know when you and Michelle are going to be at Lake Arthur...I would certainly like to treat you for dinner.

Thanks,

Robin

Looking for the best Italian food in Houston. I figured this would be a good place to ask. So far, DaMarco is at the top of my list but, although I am a creature of habit, I would like to get some other options. Most nights we would be dressed for the opera so Olive Garden would be out:D. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

BTW... Dimer2...if you are viewing this...let me know when you and Michelle are going to be at Lake Arthur...I would certainly like to treat you for dinner.

Thanks,

Robin

While Birraporettis's (sp) is not the best Italian food, it's only two blocks from the Opera House, and on opera nights, many there, both before and after the performance, will be dressed for the opera.

Look at Zagat's. There are several places close in on Westheimer that are good. Hard to beat DaMarco's.

If you're out on the south west side of Houston (Sugar Land / Richmond), try Nick's. Awesome food. But beware of Nick, the owner. A lot of folks really like him, however, he can be a bit rude, kind of like Seinfeld's Soup Nazi. But, the food is totally worth it.

If you come in by boat to the Clear Lake area there is Villa Capri on NASA road 1 that is outstanding.

Yes sir, I haven't been for about a year but my favorite has always been the original Carrabba's on Kirby. When Johnny and his mother sold the rights to Carrabbas, they each kept one restaurant, one on Kirby and one on Voss. (there are now three new Carrabbas on Kirby alone but only one is still run by the family).

Carrabbas

We are leaving next Monday, spending the night in Lake Charles, then Tuesday and possibly Wednesday in Lake Arthur. I will PM you when I am on the way!

Thanks for the great visit the other day!

Frenchy's in Clear Lake. Also DeBellas in Galveston. I will agree with the Carrabas rec as well. I gotta go do something....been awhile since I lived up in Houston but let me think....

Grotto is a good one as well. I think it might have got sucked up by Landry's Corp. but I hear it is still good. Same area as where you will be.

4 hungry/thirsty folks could spend a BoatBuck at Tony's pretty easily.

Thanks all who replied. Tony's has been on our hit list for a while but they start seating at 6pm on Saturdays and the opera starts at 7:30. It makes it tight to get to our box on time and not rush the meal. That said...it might be worth being a touch late as I have heard the food is outstanding. I have been to Nino's and we really enjoyed it also; forgot about that one, thanks. Next weekend we'll be in Hou Friday through Sunday so dinner on fri at Tony's will be possible.

Paul, I'll call you Saturday to confirm about Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great day:)!

Thanks all who replied. Tony's has been on our hit list for a while but they start seating at 6pm on Saturdays and the opera starts at 7:30. It makes it tight to get to our box on time and not rush the meal. That said...it might be worth being a touch late as I have heard the food is outstanding. I have been to Nino's and we really enjoyed it also; forgot about that one, thanks. Next weekend we'll be in Hou Friday through Sunday so dinner on fri at Tony's will be possible.

Paul, I'll call you Saturday to confirm about Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great day:)!

No late seating at the opera. I would want to have the bill paid at Tony's (or most anywhere else) by 7:00 to be sure of being in my seat by 7:30. And one hour is not enough at Tony's.

This is why Birraporetti's is popular. They're pretty quick, as they know everyone there is going to an event; you're already parked, it's a five minute walk to any of the venues; you're not looking at your watch the whole meal.

No late seating at the opera. I would want to have the bill paid at Tony's (or most anywhere else) by 7:00 to be sure of being in my seat by 7:30. And one hour is not enough at Tony's.

That's what has kept us from booking at Tony'd before the opera although I will often eat at Pappa's Bros and make it on time as I have Valet service at the theater and with box seats I can be late and not distrub anyone (although that is not anything I pland on doing intentionally). Next Friday Id will not be encumbered by time so we will definitely book there. We will have to try BP's also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom