Hello to the Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skipper Steve

Vessel Make
Marine Trader 40 Double Cabin
Let me introduce myself, My name is Steve and I am the proud new owner of a 1976 Marine Trader 40' Double Cabin She's sound but dated, and my plan is to have her ship shape and up to Date for my upcoming Retirement in a couple years. I've used forums for years and value the wealth of knowledge and experience from the members and hope I can contribute through out my updating of her systems and living quarters. For now if anyone has some Pictures of the salon of this boat or one close to it , I'd like to reinstall the dinner table and remake the booth so I can make another berth. Thanks again for the warm Welcome

Welcome aboard, Steve. Nothing wrong with older trawlers -- mine is a 1973, and still in great shape. Of course, it is like the old story of the woman who is as pretty as ever but it just takes her longer . . . :)

Welcome Steve and congrats on your MT. Since this is the Welcome Mat section, you might not get the exposure to MT owners you're seeking help from. Here's a link to the Marine Trader section where other owners can see and contribute.

Marlow - Mainship - Trawler Forum

In similar fashion, I purchased my trawler 5 years before retirement to confirm that it was what I really wanted and give me time to make it 'just right' for retirement while employed with more 'disposable' income. My plan worked and I'm very happy with my choice in boats. I hope you find the same enjoyment in your MT!

Welcome to the forum!

Ahoy Steve! Welcome aboard. Good luck on your "project" and I'm sure you'll find more info than you ever thought possible (or possibly wanted) here on the forum!

Welcome aboard! A lot of us like older boats, like the challenge, like the work. And mostly like the initial price. The cost of bringing the boat up to snuff is spread out over a few years and makes a larger boat affordable. Good luck and have fun!

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. What is this salon you speak of?

Salon/saloon, flybridge/flying bridge....we've been there a hundred times. They're slightly different names for the same thing, but no doubt, you know that, Peter/RTF.

Welcome aboard. these guys are great

Welcome aboard, own a 71 Hatteras YF & 73 Gulfstar (currently for sale in the classified section)

Welcome to the forum . Good luck with your project . Lots of good advice here . It's hard work but it's fun because it's a boat .

Welcome aboard, you'll find a lot of friends here :)

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Welcome Steve,

Hope you find what you are looking for , there are a lot of knowledge and opinions on the forum, food for thought, all good :thumb::thumb:

Cheers Chris D Liberty Australia

Welcome Steve. Great group here, but most of us are unable to function on the word alone! Said another way. We like pictures, so we ol' folks can match the written words to a picture!

So good luck with your project, ask lots of questions and you WILL get good advice and I might say competing advice at times. Remember pictures pictures and more pictures! LOL

Welcome to the information center for older boats. We all have something to give and have probity gone thru it . Ask and you shall receive. Picture are great as we can see what you have and can give our insight. Have a 1986 Jefferson and have dealt with many road blocks,fuel tanks ,head issues, repainting ,etc. But living aboard,in the Florida keys ,so good to go. Enjoy the time getting to know your new to you boat.

Welcome Steve

Glad to have you on board, lot's of very friendly, smart folk, learning something new every day. Barry

Welcome Steve

Welcome to the forum and might I suggest utilize search engine and enjoy
reading and learning from others mistakes and accomplishments.

Bigster

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom