Hurricane Patricia???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knotheadcharters

Vessel Name
Amar la Vida
Vessel Make
1989 Carver Californian 48' MY
Ok 5 days ago all I heard about was this massive Cat 5 that went from a depression to Cat 5 in 30 hours and yet NOW I haven't heard a damn thing about it? What happened? I did not see one thing on any news agency. Anyone know?

It dissipated in about a day over the mountains of Mexico. it made landfall somewhere near manzanillo cranking 200 mph winds - strongest ever. I only briefly read a headline saying it didn't do that much damage. I have a hard time believing that. Hopefully someone else has better information

Ok 5 days ago all I heard about was this massive Cat 5 that went from a depression to Cat 5 in 30 hours and yet NOW I haven't heard a damn thing about it? What happened? I did not see one thing on any news agency. Anyone know?
High winds can't be sustained once the storm reaches land, and if the land is mountainous it fizzles pretty quickly. The reason you don't hear much about it, IMO, is because a lack of human injury and property damage doesn't do much to support the man made global warming narrative, so most media lose interest pretty quick. If it had landed on Mazatlan and people died, you wouldn't hear the end of it as an example of why we are all doomed because you insist on using diesel fuel.

It was a small, but very intense storm, broken up by inland mountains unlike the southern and eastern shores of the USA. ... Some media sources have an agenda.

We're getting the remnants, lot's of rain here in Texas along with a front coming in from the north. Lots of rain and wind.

Kevin

We're getting the remnants, lot's of rain here in Texas along with a front coming in from the north. Lots of rain and wind.

Kevin

Too bad it missed central California.

As has been the case forever, major infrequent storm events such as tropical monsoons, hurricanes and typhoons serve as the world's water table and replenishment spigot. In the past century it has become common that all to many tend to think in terms of short term averages and then declare doom and gloom when the short term average is not met, i.e. not enough water for lawns, shrubs and golf courses.

As Patricia works her way across the Gulf Coast and inland, natures replenishing rains overfill man's structures and cause new calamities. Managing nature is not possible, living within it's bounds is, but not easily. So I for one feel good about the huge rainfall Patricia has brought in its 3000 mile path through Mexico and the US. But I am on high ground and with no recent rains.

As usual, the "look at man has wrought" criers have laid Patricia's rightful path of destruction (while ignoring the needed water) right in the lap of US politicians as another grant, study and vote or two. Once again the culprit will be big oil, nuclear power, coal fired power plants and cow farts. Electric cars anyone (shh, fueled by coal or nuclear maybe) ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom