Tapatalk???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dpvandy01

I'm new to this forum but I am a sponsoring member of another boating forum for Sea Ray owners (I currently own a cruiser but will eventually own a trawler...) I am able to access the CSR site from my iPhone via an interface called Tapatalk. When I searched for this forum on Tapatalk they informed me that you were not available through them but to contact you and request that the administrator of this site activate the Tapatalk interface... I'm not sure how easy that would be or even if it is doable at all but for those utilizing iPhones or iPads the interface is tremendous. Any thoughts?

I have an Android device and I know it is Tapatalk capable because I have seen it while looking through the OS but I honestly have no clue how it works. What exactly is Tapatalk? What does it do?

I will google while waiting for an answer.

Welcome to the forum!!!

-- Edited by Baker on Tuesday 18th of January 2011 08:07:34 PM

Okay, I have an idea what it is now. I am assuming it converts the forum to a more mobile device friendly format? I did look around and did not find what I was looking for so I sent a request in to the hosting comapny to see if this forum is compatible. I will keep you posted and thanks for the inquiry. I was wondering about something like this myself. I know as we get more and more dependent on the hand held devices, this would surely come in handy.

Baker

That's it... It reduces and reformats things to fit mobile devices. as I said, I use it for Club Sea Ray and RunningMania a marathoners running site. It is very easy to use and pretty slick. My wife would rather you didn't make this happen though, she already gets annoyed with how much time I spend looking at my iPhone!!!

I view this site on my iphone from time to time and it automatically fits the screen of my iphone and I can increase the size to view closeups like a picture. I didn't load any additional apps on my iphone to view this site. What does the app do that the iphone doesn't automatically do?

Woodsong,
I mostly use my iPhone and can't post other than quick reply. Also can't respond to a PM. How about you?

Forklift! I'm replying on my IPhone via the "advanced editor", not just quick reply. When you are using the advanced editor option you have to uncheck the "use advanced editor" box at bottom right just below the reply box and it will then let you type.

Wow! Look who can post with smiley faces!
smile.gif

Thanks Woodsong.

Don't thank me! Someone else figured it out and showed me how to do it on another thread- I'm just reaping the rewards of their intelligence. :)

Well yes, it fits on the iPhone as is and yes you can zoom but with tapatalk it just fits, no zoom needed. you can post photos as well. give it a try.... download the tapatalk app it thinks it's free and search for club sea ray.. take a peak. it's pretty slick.

Hey Daniel, I just got off of the phone with the hosting service and they do NOT support tapatalk...sorry. He did say they were working very hard on having a mobile version available for those on mobile devices since they get questions related to this all of the time. Sorry about that and hopefully m.whatever.com will be here soon!!!!

John,
I just purchased Tapatalk and TF did not show up. Then I jumped on here and read your post. Bummer!

Frankly my dear Scarlet.....sorry, couldn't resist....lol

Sorry Scarlet, nothing so far...

Back
Top Bottom