Albin Command Bridge 45

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimL

Vessel Name
Lemon Drops
Vessel Make
2001 Grand Banks Europa 52
Hi,

I'm new to the forum but not new to power boating. We're looking for a 'fast trawler' and am currently considering an Albin Command Bridge. Our other options include a Mainship 430 Sedan and Trunk trawler. We expect to use the boat for river and coastal cruising for the next 15+ years, as we ease into retirement. An occasional trip to the Caribbean is a must.

I'm looking for others' thoughts on an Albin vs Mainship.. and the good bad and ugly of an Albin.

Jim

What is your definition of "fast trawler"? Some people think 8 knots is fast. Others think 6 knots is fast enough.

Do you have the spare time to go places at 6-8 knots?

Fast trawler can cruise between 15-18knots, at a bit over that or more at WOT.

The use will be primarlly coastal. Caribbean cruising would focus on the Bahammas. I wouldn't rule out cruising the 'real' Caribbean, but wouldn't make that be a major consideration in the boat selection.

I've always like the Albin Command Bridge models. And the 45 seems to give you a lot of room.

There is a left over dealers stock one for sale on Yacht World right now.

Yes, I saw that boat for sale too, but am concerned about the amount of time the boat has been in the water and not run routinely.

I did look at another well used 45 command bridge. The engine compartment components had a lot of surface rust (for it's age), probably due to the fact that access to the ER is exposed to the elements. The air intake to the ER is on the side of the hull where the salt water vapor can find it's way in.

I did like the layout and two toilets in one head area.

Back
Top Bottom