Ft. Lauderdale boat show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RT Firefly

Enigma
Greetings,
Anybody going? Nov. 5-9, 2015. Any member offering free passes. I'll take 4 please. Thanks.

I live in Ft Laud so I'm sure I'll be there at least for 1 day.

I'll be there also, at least a day or two.

I'll also be at the show. Son has asked for some help; he has 5 boats in the show. Not sure yet which one I'll be on.

I'll be working the entire show :thumb:

I've had to do that WAAAAAY to many times, lol.
Prefer to just do a casual stroll and chat with my vendors and factory reps that I deal with during the work year.
:dance:

It just won't be the same not being on Halloween weekend though, trying to work the show after some of the crew parties, lol.

Last years Poker Run was a blast, hope same for this year.

Last edited:

Oliver started early. He pinched my boat shoes at the Annapolis Show 6 years ago. He must have been hanging out near the Selenes then.

I'll be there... with bells on. The Admiral will be up in New Bern visiting daughter and grandbaby, so I'll be on my own. Scary thought :dance:

We will be there Fri & Sat. Great excuse for a short trip out of town and leave the kids with the grandparents for the weekend. :thumb:

If you see Oliver let me know if he's wearing brown leather boat shoes with gel insoles. Thanks.

Wifey B: Hope Oliver doesn't take my shoes. He'll look quite cute though. Or maybe he'd like heels. Or he could steal hubbies shoes but then he would look clownish. Guess he can stuff enough paper into a size 13 :D

The latest Riviera mag tells me Riviera( aka Riv) have sent 4 big shiny new Rivs to the Show. Essentially high powered cruisers with planing ability, they operate fine at trawler speeds and have a reputation for good build quality and longevity. Just a matter of accepting the acres of white gelcoat, and wondering how they get 1/8" of glossy varnish on the interior woodwork.

Wifey B, high heeled Topsiders?

I was going to try to avoid it but Canada Metal asked me to sell their anchors again. My buddy Darrel is going to man the booth but I guess I'll have to go up for some of it.

Wifey B: Hope Oliver doesn't take my shoes. He'll look quite cute though. Or maybe he'd like heels. Or he could steal hubbies shoes but then he would look clownish. Guess he can stuff enough paper into a size 13 :D

Just saw this now, ROFL!!:lol::lol:

Wifey B, high heeled Topsiders?

I was going to try to avoid it but Canada Metal asked me to sell their anchors again. My buddy Darrel is going to man the booth but I guess I'll have to go up for some of it.

How about high heeled swim fins?

img_379957_0_b31db3b89f6a2e3fdd0155db1ffd297c.jpg

The latest Riviera mag tells me Riviera( aka Riv) have sent 4 big shiny new Rivs to the Show. Essentially high powered cruisers with planing ability, they operate fine at trawler speeds and have a reputation for good build quality and longevity. Just a matter of accepting the acres of white gelcoat, and wondering how they get 1/8" of glossy varnish on the interior woodwork.

Latest listing shows them with 6 boats there-a 47' SUV, 56' SUV, 56' Fly, 60' SUV, 60' Fly, and a 63' Sport Yacht. All with Volvo IPS.

Latest listing shows them with 6 boats there-a 47' SUV, 56' SUV, 56' Fly, 60' SUV, 60' Fly, and a 63' Sport Yacht. All with Volvo IPS.
Deleted the Riv mag so can`t check the number. 2 could be from an indirect source, or it could have been 6, either way 6 Rivs sent all that way is a lot of boats. All the more remarkable considering Riv had a " near death experience" post GFC.
Is Maritimo ( current brand of Bill Barry-Cotter a prior owner who started Riv) exhibiting? Expect similarities.

Deleted the Riv mag so can`t check the number. 2 could be from an indirect source, or it could have been 6, either way 6 Rivs sent all that way is a lot of boats. All the more remarkable considering Riv had a " near death experience" post GFC.
Is Maritimo ( current brand of Bill Barry-Cotter a prior owner who started Riv) exhibiting? Expect similarities.

Maritimo has a 50', 53', 58', and 68' shown on the tentative listing of boats there.

Maritimo has a 50', 53', 58', and 68' shown on the tentative listing of boats there.
That`s impressive. I`m always amazed when, with our wage structure, we can make something and sell in into overseas markets. Are the boats really price competitive or do they fill a gap in the market?

Hopefully I'll be there working with the better half at the ladies let's go fishing booth then I'll be on my own, beer tent?

I will be there...looking forward to seeing some Trawler folks.
After doing the Annapolis Sail and Power shows and being cold....I'm ready for a warm show!

Day one visit the Feadship display on the face dock and get one of their straw hats. They have plastic tubes full of hats on the side of the tent. Straw style sun hats with a Feadship band. Missed those hats 2 years in a row.

Bennet auto stores have free tickets. just make a donation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom