Back to Anacortes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slowboat 37

I am moving the boat from Seattle back to Anacortes on Friday, with a layover in Port Ludlow. We were in Anacortes for five years before coming down to Seattle. The boat has been fifteen minutes away from home which has been real handy, however being down here is not where we like to cruise. We will be about an hour or so from having the crab pot in the water and much happier. I would rather drive for two hours to the boat than boat for two days to get there. I am creating my check list for the solo trip up. I think we used the boat more when it was farther away. It looks like mostly sunny weather as well so I am really looking forward to the trip.

I would rather drive for two hours to the boat than boat for two days to get there.

That's why we have always kept our boat up north near the border even though we live east of Seattle. Not only is moorage considerably less expensive but having the boat up there means we can go anywhere we want in the islands even if it's just a weekend trip. Having the boat farther south would mean we could only get to the islands on vacations.

Steve,
Welcome to the neighborhood. We moored in Everett when we lived in Arlington and got really tired of Saratoga Passage. At that time we were going to the Gulf Is a lot so always headed north.

So we moved the boat to LaConner and when we came back from living in Akaska for 7 years we went back to LaConner. We live in Concrete. I wonder if you went by while I was at the boat today?

Slow and Many,
I'm like-minded, once the drive is done I'm in my happy place in La Conner and look forward to easy access to the north and west. Safe/happy travels north!

Hope to cross paths with some of the local TF members this fall before I venture south for the winter.

Thanks, I am really looking forward to just me, although I don't mean to sound selfish. the wind and water conditions look very favorable. Unfortunately I will bucking the tide out of Seattle to Port Ludlow but riding the flood across the Strait and in to Anacortes.

When you're here stop by and say hi, Steve. We winter in Port Ludlow and are on the end-tie of E-dock (right across/west of the guest A-dock). We're the tan/beige trawler...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom