Vacuflush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wataworld

Vessel Name
Wataworld
Vessel Make
Defever 44+5
Need some help. I have a vacuflush head wont stop sucking on the foward head. All parts have been replaced but the vacum sensor. When i push or pull on it. It works. What steps should i take to check and fix my situation?
Gregg

Call Environmental Marine there in Fort Lauderdale and they can usually diagnose and walk you through it over the phone.

Need some help. I have a vacuflush head wont stop sucking on the foward head. All parts have been replaced but the vacum sensor. When i push or pull on it. It works. What steps should i take to check and fix my situation?
Gregg

Here is a copy of the troubleshooting guide I uploaded to the library. If it is generating good vacuum then it sounds like a new switch is in order.

Attachments

• VacuFlushTrouble Shooting Guide.pdf
    717.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Replacing the vacuum switch is a very easy 15 minute job if the tank is easily accessible, a quick tip take a photo with your smart phone camera of the existing switch so you can make sure all 4 wires are reattached to the new switch correctly.

It's very rarely the switch. It sounds like you have a vacuum leak.

Who replaced all the other parts?

A good Vacuflush person can isolate the leak area quite quickly. It takes a vacuum gauge stopper device that few if any of us have in our tool boxes.

Start with the easy stuff - will the bowl hold water?

The vacuum gauge is nice to have but shaving cream can be better. :D

I'd like to know how the head system was behaving before the rebuild? Is this the same problem or a new one?

Thanks all I will talk to Environmental Marine. Basically it is the same problem although the sucking noise is stronger!
Gregg

Thanks all I will talk to Environmental Marine. Basically it is the same problem although the sucking noise is stronger!
Gregg

I ask again, will the bowl hold water?

The vacuum gauge is nice to have but shaving cream can be better. ?

When my boat was built the base bolts were over tightened resulting in a very small base crack and vacuum leak that Burma Shave could not find. Checking vacuum from the pump to the ball seal isolated the problem, four different potential vacuum leak spots.

When my boat was built the base bolts were over tightened resulting in a very small base crack and vacuum leak that Burma Shave could not find. Checking vacuum from the pump to the ball seal isolated the problem, four different potential vacuum leak spots.

As I said, the gauge is nice to have.

The toilet holds water.New base, new funnel, new duck bills, made sure they are closing properly, new bowl seals,
Gregg

And the vacuum pump never stops running but you do have vacuum when you step on the peddle to flush the toilet?

I bought a vacuum gauge. Best tool ever for a vacuum flush system!

Try a light coating of petroleum jelly on the ball seals. Has worked for me after winter storage.

Retighten the hose clamps on the bowl to vacuum pump hose. If that doesn't work. Loosen then wiggle the hoses to reseat and then Retighten. Have you gotten the correlation of using shaving cream? Shaving cream foam creates an easy covering which you can 'see' as it gets sucked into the leaks. It actually makes a 'divot' depression to help pinpoint leaks. Did you replace the hose or reuse? They get old, soft, and soil permeable (letting smell through). While you have it apart, Change the hose. Matter of fact anytime you pull apart a sanitation system component simply replace the hose.

Last edited:
Yes there is vacum

Well then you most likely still have a vacuum leak. It is possible that one of your new ball valves got buggered up on install.

Like George said talk to Enviromental Marine. Maybe they will rent you a gauge so you can check your vacuum.

But start checking all your connections.

Last edited:
Well then you most likely still have a vacuum leak. It is possible that one of your new ball valves got buggered up on install. .

With the bowl holding water that should eliminate the bad ball/seal issue I would think.

Check the motor carefully we rebuilt one the other week as the boat had six heads and the pump never turned off ended up being a small slit in the pump diaphragm and one head with a vacuum leak that a new switch corrected.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom