Boat year round or put it up for the winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you haul, winterize or continue to use your boat in the winter?

• I have my boat hauled for the winter season

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • I leave the boat in the water, but winterize and don't use

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I live on my boat but don't do any cruising in the winter

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I live on my boat and use it year round.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I'm lucky enough to be a year round boater.

Votes: 34 54.8%

• Total voters
None of those answers really fit the way I do my boat for winter. I drain the fresh water tank and blow out the lines. Then I put a heater in the engine room and 5 heaters throughout the cabin areas.

We usually do our last cruise of the year for the Christmas Lighted Boat Parade and the first cruise has always been on New Year's Day. This year we'll be in AZ from the end of December until end of February so our first cruise will be some time in March.

I would consider cruising in December and again on January 1 to be a year round cruiser.

Mine was hauled out Monday and we winterized it yesterday. Should be shrink wrapped Sunday.

We boat year round. Summers in NJ and winters in Charleston, SC. We've been moving our boat back and forth for a few years now. This winter we'll spend some time in GA as well. We'll be in Savannah for St. Patricks day.

One time I was in GA for St. Patrick's day and they dyed the river green. I don't know if they do that any longer...

I will winterize the heads just before the marina shuts down the pump out and do the engines and generator around thanksgiving. I'll stay on and use the boat as long as the weather is in the 20s or above and then I'll winterize the water and AC systems and I'll still use the center console until I go home usually during the 1st couple of weeks in December. The last couple of years the Mississippi has frozen over in this area but come mid March the temperature start to rise the ice breaks up and I'll return.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom