My Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW! A beautiful spot it is.:thumb:

Gaston,

It's a great playground, my wife and I just spent a week cruising around the cottage point area, it was quiet and the weather was superb. It has to be one of the worlds top waterways, especially for cruising.

Did not spot your boat will need to take another look. Did you take the footage ? Great stuff

Cheers Chris D Liberty :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Greetings,
There it is!

giphy.gif

Someone acquired a drone! I didn`t spot your boat so far.
Berowra is a pretty area reached by steep winding roads with "hairpin" bends. Note the vehicular punt ferry connecting the two sides. There is an expensive restaurant I`ve never been to, Berowra Waters Inn (or similar), you can come by float-plane,road, or boat. The steep sided terrain surrounding the finger of water is typical of the area.

Beautiful area! I think I spotted your boat at 1:28 on the video. There's a kayaker paddling through the center of the video and your boat is in the upper right hand corner of the screen facing to the right as you're viewing the video. What do I win for spotting your boat?

Beautiful area! I think I spotted your boat at 1:28 on the video. There's a kayaker paddling through the center of the video and your boat is in the upper right hand corner of the screen facing to the right as you're viewing the video. What do I win for spotting your boat?

Free use of my boat for a weekend if you come to Australia ;)

Is it the one over on the left? :hide:

Great video, thanks for showing us your neighbourhood.
Questions...
How tidal is it?
How deep?
How far can you go on the Hawkesbury River.
Nice to see the scooters running off the "punt ferry." Lots of riding twisties, I gather?

Great video, thanks for showing us your neighbourhood.
Questions...
How tidal is it?
How deep?
How far can you go on the Hawkesbury River.
Nice to see the scooters running off the "punt ferry." Lots of riding twisties, I gather?
Normal tides, around 1.5M differences, depending on the moon. Some parts of the Hawkesbury are deep, 20M is not unusual, makes for tough anchoring. Further inland it gets shallower, outgoing tide combined with river flow can be strong, I remember an uncomfortable night at anchor on a chartered boat many years ago. The River is navigable as far as Windsor, an historic town, I`ve never been that far, only to backwoodsy Spencer, and a bit beyond, I suspect you`d need to be careful with depth, it used be highly navigable when Windsor was an important settlement town but there is a lot of silting due to farming run off.
The road down into Berowra is a favourite ride for bikes, not so good for trucks, caravans, etc

Back
Top Bottom