Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
I don't like it.

Looks like a stack of lumber. Or slabs stacked up. All straight lines. Looks like it's got too much mass in the middle. It's probably not but it looks a bit bow heavy just cause there's no rise in it's sheer fwd. and the color is good for a wheelbarrow or perhaps a gun.

All that money. And to think they could have made a propper boat worthy of the title "Yacht". It would be best put on land (flat) and used as an office building for lawyer's.

In it's defense. It looks fast. The Darth Vader color will appeal to those that drive big long black PU trucks. Visability seems to be quite good. Windage dosn't seem excessive.

I don't like it.

In it's defense. It looks fast. The Darth Vader color will appeal to those that drive big long black PU trucks. Visability seems to be quite good. Windage dosn't seem .

Lol.

Its definitely not as sleek as a willard sheer line, that's true; but taking into consideration the fact that ' money is a great impediment to taste' its quite a refined super yacht; I'm thinking of that huge monstrosity Steve jobs was building: yuck!

featured.jpg

Last edited:
I like Atlante's military, "don't F with me", look. It's fairly proportional too. Better than most stylish yachts. Should age well.

Jobs yacht is butt ugly. Looks like something Bolger would've designed in his "shock the Establishment" plywood box series of designs.

Last edited:
I like Atlante's military, "don't F with me", look. It's fairly proportional too. Better than most stylish yachts. Should age well.

Jobs yacht is butt ugly. Looks like something Bolger would've designed in his "shock the Establishment" plywood box series of designs.

I think you're right, fashion goes out of fashion very quickly, whereas workboat lines stay good looking for decades; the lobster boat look has been going for a very long time and still looks great.

If I had that kind of money, I would charter instead. After all, if you have a boat like that, it comes with a crew. So, if you're just going to be a passenger (albeit in charge), why own it.

Ted

If I had that kind of money I would have a crew as well as a really good "Sub" Captain aboard. However... I would often act as "The" Captain. :D

With that said: Flying bridge would be carefully designed into my boat. I LOVE to pilot from an open flying bridge! I can just imagine piloting across "a pond" mid summer, on AP, resting atop of the boat... with my feet kicked up and music playing! :thumb:

Last edited:
Art, I like the way you roll!

Reactions: Art
Rustybarge,
Look how far back the anchor is on the Steve Jobs boat. I would use a hiding anchor flush w the bottom of the hull. That dark stem and dark spot where the anchor is sure mucks up the long powerful lines of the rest of the boat .. that make it what it is visually.

Re the aft house it has basic lines very much like the early 20's yachts except for the extreme eaves. The very long and slender foredeck also harks of the early 20's.

Last edited:
Rustybarge,
Look how far back the anchor is on the Steve Jobs boat. I would use a hiding anchor flush w the bottom of the hull. That dark stem and dark spot where the anchor is sure mucks up the long powerful lines of the rest of the boat .. that make it what it is visually.

Re the aft house it has basic lines very much like the early 20's yachts except for the extreme eaves. The very long and slender foredeck also harks of the early 20's.

Well spotted, I never noticed the anchor; you'd never expect to find one located so far back from the bow.

I do not care for the overall styling of the Jobs boat but the below-deck V-berth/lounge in the extreme bow looks like a very very cool place to hang out. Hope the glass is nice and thick.

Steve

Steve-Jobs-Feadship-yacht-Venus-bow-inside-interior-bw2-1024x681.jpg

I like the design of Steve Job's yacht a lot. Reminds me of the battle cruisers and dreadnaughts of WWI. Photo is the HMS Courageous.

Attachments

• HMS_Courageous.jpg
    HMS_Courageous.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I do not care for the overall styling of the Jobs boat but the below-deck V-berth/lounge in the extreme bow looks like a very very cool place to hang out. Hope the glass is nice and thick.

Steve

I read somewhere that Feadship had a hull #2 under contract for design phase that omitted the steel segment on the bow and had a true 360 degree window in the bow. Structural engineer earned his keep on this hull. Definitely an interesting boat.

Maybe I missed something ... but... what brand/style anchor is shown here??

Finally got a couple good pics of the Estrella. Awesome boat.

The owner is in the orange shirt and hes piloting it with a remote in his hand.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B985%3Enu%3D3395%3E%3B44%3E4%3B2%3EWSNRCG%3Dgge99gh80868e%2F7e%3Bd0d6%3B9%2Fh9%3Af3%3B7e9fg6ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A335%3Enu%3D3395%3E%3B44%3E4%3B2%3EWSNRCG%3D6%3B7e569g04i93%2F734d0d395%2F54%3Bhihe4ed%3B6ot1lsi

Interesting West Coast boat...

View attachment 45572

Stand up engine room. Stabilized. Keel cooled. 2500 gallons fuel. ?

Terrible pictures IMO.

1980 Small Marine Long Range Cruiser Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

I recall the PMM article; it was a very handsome vessel from the photos at the time.

It would appear from the abysmal photos provided that subsequent owners have completely removed the original charm of the boat; trying to make it low maintenance I suppose. No longer a head turner in my view.

Well I was a truck driver and heard that expression quite a bit. Been away from it for some time now so when I hear "rig" it sets off something.

Like your new avatar but miss the old one.

Well I was a truck driver and heard that expression quite a bit. Been away from it for some time now so when I hear "rig" it sets off something.

Like your new avatar but miss the old one.

Actually, Eric, I have done my share of truck driving. I would consider the boat loaded on a trailer pulled by a truck a rig. It is also quite a common term used by RV owners.

Generally quoted comment:

"That's a pretty nice rig you have there!"

Which is often directed at a plethora of different items... all sorts of things...

Generally quoted comment:

"That's a pretty nice rig you have there!"

Which is often directed at a plethora of different items... all sorts of things...

As when I used to 'hang' around on Wreck Beach :whistling:

I never saw the PMM article but I think its a nice rig.

Back on track....

They have added a significant number of photos to the listing, including some shots of the original PMM article. From the PMM photos you can discern to some degree what the vessel looked like previously. The primary difference, at least externally, is that the window treatment and doors were originally bright teak.
And there was no canvas contraption covering the upper deck.

1980 Small Marine Long Range Cruiser Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

(Please note that I am having difficulty opening this link so it might be easier to go directly via Yachtworld.)

Back on track....

They have added a significant number of photos to the listing, including some shots of the original PMM article. From the PMM photos you can discern to some degree what the vessel looked like previously. The primary difference, at least externally, is that the window treatment and doors were originally bright teak.
And there was no canvas contraption covering the upper deck.

What about the fake brick paneling in the salon?

Photos 32-36 only make things worse. Who needs to see the pocket knife, screwdriver and misc screws / bolts on the helm?

It almost looks like review photos from a prospective customer. I usually take photos of things that are questionable to review later...

Stu

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom