Diesel Delite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HiDHo

Guru
Just filled up on diesel at $2.249, didn't break $200, thought I'd never see the day. :smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:

Just topped off my huge 280 gallon tank with diesel at $2.249 a gallon ! Never thought I would ever see a per gallon price like this again, although I do remember the .979 days. Hoping that the frackers keep fracking away! Almost sounds obscene.:):):):)

Sorry for the double post two Sauza shooters and two Yenglings most be the reason !!

It's not the frackers. It's Saudi Arabia driving the frackers out of business. When they have broken enough of their competitors, the price will go back up.....a lot.

Ted

"Just filled up on diesel at $2.249, didn't break $200, thought I'd never see the day."

OH Yee of little faith , I predicted $2.00 diesel years ago.

Harbortown, with slip holder $.25 discount, $2.27, 159 gallons.......yeeeeee haaaaawwww

How about $2 a gal-Bayview Marina, Cypremort Point, La. Of course, down here we have a 25% unemployment rate and climbing. Doesn't look good for the near future. Drilling and fracking is at a standstill.

Aransas Pass, Tx...$1.80

Galveston Party Boats....$1.90

Hell, my marina is $2.35. Surprisingly low for them since they are usually on the high side of all the retail outlets.

It's not the frackers. It's Saudi Arabia driving the frackers out of business. When they have broken enough of their competitors, the price will go back up.....a lot.

Ted

100% correct Ted!

I too love low diesel prices.

I also love my oilfield work. Allot of my co-workers are unemployed right now, so while the world enjoys the low fuel prices and all that brings, there is another side to the story...

BTW, the fracking outfits are pretty much out of business now... in cash flow protection mode just trying to remain solvent.

Being in the oil industry, I'm not enjoying the low price. I'm still working, although our staff numbers are reduced by about 75%, and those of us left have taken a big pay cut.

I would be saving about $100/year in diesel costs for my boat, about half of what I've lost in pay per day.

Amen to this! We're hoping to get whatever boat we buy (if we buy one) in at Harbortown. My biggest fear then will be the stern-to docking (damned short dock fingers). I'm not sure which I fear more... hitting the piling or the boat next to me :eek:

We've walked the docks a few time, met some very nice people. They also mix a great drink in the bar!

Harbortown, with slip holder $.25 discount, $2.27, 159 gallons.......yeeeeee haaaaawwww

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom