Planning Florida road trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how about DIY boat yards in that same general area?

Last edited:
I was referring to houses starting at $150 thousand.

Make sure you don't have HOA rules that say your boat must fit inside the size of the dock. I.e. a 40 foot boat is the limit for a 40 foot dock.

You have many marinas to choose in the charlotte harbor area, Lashleys marina, fishermans village ( you can also rent a small boat from here to check the area).
Burnt Store marina is nice ,Pine island has a few marinas, as does the Englewood area. Very nice anchorages all along this coast also for the keys to the panhandle.

And West End is only 56 miles from West Palm, then onto Spanish, Green Turtle, and all points south to Pete's Pub and back again! :)
Pete's Pub, holy cow, it's still standing?

Attachments

• 91-094.jpg
    91-094.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 91-095.jpg
    91-095.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 91-096.jpg
    91-096.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 85
Ssobol click on the link below my signature.:D

Thanks for all the info guys. Looks like we will be quite busy on the gulf side for now.
Another quick question , as far as canal homes, can you find these reasonably priced and able to accommodate a 40 to 50' boat?
Or would it better to find a small inland house and dock at a marina? Just looking for opinions, thanks
Go to Real Estate, Apartments, Mortgages & Home Values | Zillow and select the map display. Filter out what you don't want to look at by unchecking the boxes like rentals, building lots, etc.

Back
Top Bottom