Anchor Locker Drain to Shower Sump.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O C Diver

Guru
Vessel Name
Slow Hand
Vessel Make
Cherubini Independence 45
Was reading the thread on AC condensate drain and routing it to the shower sump (which is the way mine is set up). My anchor locker drains to the bilge. Pretty sure I can route drain hose to the shower sump. Have fresh and salt water wash downs for the anchor station so there shouldn't be any mud going into the system. Anybody see any down side to doing this and hopefully keeping the forward bilge dry?

Ted

If you don't have ANY residual mud or crap in your anchor locker now, that should work fine. Why not drain it overboard?

If you don't have ANY residual mud or crap in your anchor locker now, that should work fine. Why not drain it overboard?

Anchor locker is spotless now. Had to access the windlass bolts for the refit, so removed the chain for regalvanizing and cleaned the locker. Floor level of the locker is close to sea level. Not putting a hole in the hull so close to sea level for water to be pumped in during a head sea.

Ted

Going to the shower sump sounds good to me, as long as you can get a downward slope for good draining. If silt gets into the sump, that can be cleaned out.

IF the shower sump has a strainer before the pump, to get rid of mud, sand , sea shells , and grass it will be fine if kept clean.

Back
Top Bottom