Houma, Louisiana get together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve

Guru
Vessel Name
Gumbo
Vessel Make
2003 Monk 36
We are planning a get together of trawler enthusiasts near Houma, Louisiana Saturday*January 15, 2011. I have notified the folks I know and am posting this*on the forum to notify anyone else who might be passing through the area or willing to make the trip you are welcome. We'll be landlocked so no boats will be on site. We'll*grill*burgers for lunch and spend the rest*of the day talking about*boats*and trips made or planned.* Of course the "Admirals" are*included.
If you are interested and would like more information please let me know.
Steve Willett
stwillett at aol.com*

What will be the venue?

How about having it at the "Best a Burger" across from the hospital?

Sorry to get off subject a bit here but I see Charles has chimmed in and I must offer another round of THANKS to you Charles. Several years ago while making my way back to Texas from Florida I lost a transmission near Morgan City on the ICW. Somehow we made contact and you were gracious enough to provide me dock space during that crisis. I will forever be grateful for your hospitality. Thanks again.

Reminder:
We will be holding the trawler get together as planned on January 15, at Rebecca Plantation, just off of Hwy 90 between Lafayette and New Orleans. If any of the forum members will be in the area and like to attend please let me know. Just Email me at stwillett at aol.com for more information.
Steve Willett

Sounds like fun- hope you all have a good time!

Thanks Tony, looks like we'll have a pretty good turnout.
Steve W

Steve,
I showed this thread to my grandson and he wanted to know why we could't jump on to th boat and join his friend,Marsha. I explained that the 4 feet of snow on top of the I of S would slow us down.
Enjoy and hope to see you down south next year.
Jon

I had some serious plans or I would have considered making the journey. I have tons of relatives in those parts....coulda made it a combo journey. Thanks for posting up, Charles....I was curious.

Thanks Steve and Marsha for hosting the 2011 DO at the quaint Rebecca Pond. Patricia and I really enjoyed visiting with old friends and meeting new ones. It was great sharing an afternoon with seasoned boaters. Till next year!

Attachments

• dscf7039.jpg
    dscf7039.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 121
  • dscf7040.jpg
    dscf7040.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 130
  • dscf7041.jpg
    dscf7041.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 122

Latest posts

Back